OCR00970 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Battle Rocks"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gahhh! HOLY SHIZ-ITE! I was laughing and crying and cheering all the time when I heard this. Hilarious, wonderfully remixed old school song. Got the funk!

OK OK. The lazy swinging intro that models after the original track is a great touch. Another one is the well-performed drums, and the nicely played sax/trumpet later on about :45 in. And also the sax's groovin' add on at the end is WONDERFUL! Too damn good!

• 2 months later...

AmIEviL, I must commend you on this awesome mix. It has become my official theme music. XD I blast it when I'm just crusin' around my campus, and people either think I'm insane, or really dig it. And in fact, a few people even recognized it as your mix. ^^

Catchy as hell, I never thought I could like a song from SMB3 so much. Or bob my head so much to it. XD Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

hot skippy damn the instruments and the play was teh jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT!!

too repetitive and boring, it had no spirit :( i think the problem was it didn't stray far enough from the original song... normally this would be a GOOD thing but the original song is too repetitive and boring so there's the problem :(

just disappointed that it sounded so good but I didn't like it :(

OMG!!!

I imagined a fucking goomba with a sax, dark glasses and a black suit, a koopa playing the battery, outfited the same, and another danged goomba playing organ in the background, outfited the same. all this while mario pulls up in a black lincoln or someting, outfitted the same!!! definately impressive. I always found this piece funny, but this one takes it to the limits of fun, and of koolness. you just cant stop tapping yer foot and bobbing yer head. awesome, and the overall mood of the song is really kool. one of the best remixes in OCR.

Cano

yay! the real song shoulda been like this.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well. I can only assume that my brain somehow completely failed to function the first time I heard this, cause I didn't remember it at all. Then, just now, I played it accidentally while attempting to play something completely different and.... WOW. This just rocks. That's all there is to it really.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, time to review "Peter Gunn's theme".

oops, I mean "Battle Rocks" :lol:

nothing to say, I love blues brothers, and other posts in this thread already tell about this similitude.

amazing instruments here, wonderful blues arrangement, this masterpiece is awesome!

my evaluation: 29/30

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00970 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Battle Rocks"