OCR00317 - Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy IX "Knights Come Marching Home"

Saunders

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Isn´t that ant marchingsong from "Antz"?

It´s was a total surprise when the frog theme just came rushing in with a very good electric guitar, which was followed by Loss of me with the same amount of ass-kick ass the previous. great stuff, but should really a movie track be in a game remix? I dont know... :?

• 3 weeks later...

Technically this type of mix wouldn't be accepted any more because of a new policy:

Any incorporation of non-game music (mainstream, classical, etc.) should be very limited and should never carry significant portions of the mix. For example, a Mega Man mix that used Beethoven's 9th symphony for its chorus, where 15-25% of the mix was not from the game itself, would likely be rejected.

But this mix gets to stay because of the grandfather clause, and won't likely be ReMoved in the next lockdown.

As for the mix itself... uh, the people on the first few pages got it right. That FF9 ditty that plays is clearly not Steiner's Theme, but a double-time rendition of "Loss of Me\Rose of April or May or November or whatever the hell the month is".

I really like some of your samples, especiall your guitar, flute, strings sample in v2. The drum sample is a bit tricky .. I don't particularly like your marching band drum for Johnny but it certainly fits the mood. Great transitions.

Nice work! :nicework: Playlisted!

• 2 months later...

This is another one of those remixes that I loved without knowing squat about the game (though I should kick myself up and play Chrono Trigger). I love how it starts sort of small from a traditional song to this amazing rocking melody. Love that guitar. I just wanna dance to it: elaborate moves, jump, spin, waving a sword around. Very well structured, with a clear exposition, development (best part), back to where it started and just sort of fades. It's not a new effect, but you can never go wrong with it. Definitely one of the best of yours I've heard, Ailsean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The songs mix together very very weel.

I love this remix, very good job Ailsean ^_^

Did anyone notice that the theme at the beginning and at the end is the same as Die Hard 3's theme? =p

That song is actually called "Soldiers Go Marching", or "Ants Go Marching". It's a really old song (much older than Die Hard 3 ;)) that I'm surprised you didn't hear back in, like, elementary school or Merrie Melodies cartoons.

Yeah, I noticed that a few hours after I posted.

But the first time I heard that music was in this film, so... ^^'

But it's a very great idea, it mix with the others music perfectly =)

It's alright, we all make mistakes. At least you heard it in a good movie.

Also, Ailsean was freaking genius. Too bad he hasn't done a ReMix, that I'm aware of, in forever.

Also' date=' Ailsean was freaking genius. Too bad he hasn't done a ReMix, that I'm aware of, in forever.[/quote']

Ailsean on VGmix

Ailsean on Ailsean.net

Ailsean on Bound Together

Ailsean also plays guitar for the Smash Bros, a remixing supergroup that has played the past few years at Magfest.

He doesn't post much anymore on OCR specifically anymore and almost never submits anything (the last thing subbed was that Mazedude collab a bit back, and even then he didnt want the remixer credit for it).

Also' date=' Ailsean was freaking genius. Too bad he hasn't done a ReMix, that I'm aware of, in forever.[/quote']

Ailsean on VGmix

Ailsean on Ailsean.net

Ailsean also plays guitar for the Smash Bros, a remixing supergroup that has played the past few years at Magfest.

He doesn't post much anymore on OCR specifically anymore and almost never submits anything (the last thing subbed was that Mazedude collab a bit back, and even then he didnt want the remixer credit for it).

I like the name of this group ^^

Ailsean on VGmix

Ailsean on Ailsean.net

Whoa, thanks for the info. Seriously. I didn't even think to check for him on VGMix. Heh, my bad.

• 1 year later...
Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy 9 'Knights Come Marching Home'

Ants come marching home? What the heck? Oh! Jebus Cripes! It's Frog's theme done in electric guitary goodness! Tasty. I had to actually describe this mix for a friend of mine, because he didn't believe that there was any FF9 in it.

As near as I can tell (I barely played FF9) the "storyline" of this mix goes as such:

0:00-0:49: marching ants

0:49-1:18: glenn's theme

1:18-1:46: ff9 battle

1:46-2:14: glenn's theme

2:14-2:32: marching ants

Anyways, good mix. Highly recommended, get it. Now. Right now. Go get it! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!

1:18-1:46 isn't FF9 battle.. it's Beatrix's theme

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00317 - Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy IX "Knights Come Marching Home"