FAC - Fan Art Competition 15 - Weapons - VOTING!

atmuh

FAC15

RESULTS ARE IN

And the winner is SINDRA

13 votes

Cottus&Gyes 11

Chickenwarlord 0

TehDonut 1

relyanCe 10

Sindra 30

Aninymouse 11

friendlyHunter 2

Davos-Moon 13

----------------------------

OK GUYS ITS TIME TO VOTE AGAIN. Not as many entries as last month but still strong enough for me to not get angry! Also once again I'm leaving the forums (trying to do it for good) so make me happy with lots of votes for my last run at this!

Cottus&Gyes - Buster Sword - Kingdom Hearts II

Chickenwarlord - Fire Kiss and Serpent's Tongue - Icewind Dale

TehDonut - A Bomb - EVERY GAME EVER

relyanCe - Nibelung Valesti Spear - Valkyrie Profile

Sindra Terror Bear - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Aninymouse Flame Lance - Fire Emblem

friendlyHunter Soul Thingy - Soul Calibur 2

Davos-Moon Optional Final Weapon - Kirby and The Amazing Mirror

PM me your top three (in order that you love them the most) by AUGUST 3

--------------------------------------

We'll see how long they let this hang around in Community.

Welcome to the July 2008 edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC).

The winner of the previous month gets to choose the following month's theme. Last month's winner was Linkjing Donuts and he has selected a rather interesting theme for this month, one that I like quite a bit.

The theme is WEAPONS and by that we mean your entry can be from any video game but it has to focus on the weapon in some way. It's all up to you whether you'd want something tiny, huge, just the weapon, or whatever. Be creative with this one, I hope to see some cool things outa this. If you do a little thinkin you may remember some games with very...interesting weapons.

If your unfamiliar with FAC then here is a FAQ thing sorta.

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition and must be video game related.

Who can submit art?

Anyone

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

OCR of course, the whole community votes on it.

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over I will count the results and figure out which peice has the most points. When voting the voter sends in their top three favorite peices. The one they like the most is worth 3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1 point.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you REALLY wanna.

Once the points have been counted I will send a happy PM to the winner that tells them that they one and explains how they are to choose the next months theme. *deep breath* Once I get a PM back I will post the results and artists choice for the next months theme.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No P0rn.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

PM me all entries by:

July 27th

Alright! Lets get started!

Support this thread by wearing one of these or make your own:

fan0hu1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan2sd1.png

Alright, after about 2 seconds of contemplation: I'm doing either Soul Calibur or Metroid. Or Mega Man. Or Pac-man.

... Or Castlevania. Back when the FAC theme was Castlevania, I partially finished a drawing of Death getting hit in the face with a book.... "smacking Death in the face" as it were...

oh dang, those books are SUB-weapons! Better stick to Metroid then.

Clarification needed: Is this the Final Fantasy boss specific weapons or any type of weapon like a sword?

This is ANY weapon. As in ANY weapon from ANY game. FF Bosses are probably included. The themes from here on out should be much less specific than they were in the past. Most of the themes will probably be open to some very creative interpretation.

That out of the way, I think I'm going to have to think about this one. Something popped into my head immediately when I saw the theme, but I bet everyone else had the same thought. I'll tinker around before I say I'll be in.

Odd question, but

Does cosplay count? I'm working on my Lucca (Chrono Trigger) costume, which has to be done for August, and I plan on making her gun. Seeing as it's conveniently placed with this compo, can I throw some pics up here?

Also, in complete whorage, here are my past two years costumes (Squall from FF8 and Zidane from FF9, complete with weapons).

Ok, this may be oddly placed, but...

Anyone else here use WACOM? If so, do you know how to fix a problem where the tablet just stops working with the PC and the driver says to reinstall the software? I reinstalled and everything but no dice >.< I'm using an Intuos 2 Serial tablet (old school eh?)

I really wanna do something this month too but can't until my WACOM is working... Any help would be awesome.

Odd question, but

Does cosplay count? I'm working on my Lucca (Chrono Trigger) costume, which has to be done for August, and I plan on making her gun. Seeing as it's conveniently placed with this compo, can I throw some pics up here?

Also, in complete whorage, here are my past two years costumes (Squall from FF8 and Zidane from FF9, complete with weapons).

how do you plan on making the gun

more info plz

how do you plan on making the gun

more info plz

Honestly I haven't started thinking about it yet. I know what I will do for most of the costume, aside from the boots, and some details on the helmet, but the gun I plan to do last, as it isn't the most essential part of the costume (if nothing else, I will be making the mallet).

I know wood-working, and used plexi-glass last year. I'm probably going to attempt some metal working, but I'm not sure. Aluminum cans, maybe...

Also, long term plan is to make a Gato replica at some point, too...if I have time, again...

Ok, this may be oddly placed, but...

Anyone else here use WACOM? If so, do you know how to fix a problem where the tablet just stops working with the PC and the driver says to reinstall the software? I reinstalled and everything but no dice >.< I'm using an Intuos 2 Serial tablet (old school eh?)

I really wanna do something this month too but can't until my WACOM is working... Any help would be awesome.

I own a Wacom Intuos 3, so I can't help too much. The only problem I've had with it that sounds any bit similar is the tablet -- after my computer's been on for a while -- stops recognizing the pressure sensitivity. When that happens, I usually just reset my computer, and everything's back to normal. It's like the drivers timed out or something. Try looking for newer, or updated drivers for your specific model. That's really the only help I can give. I feel your pain!

I leave my computer on for marathon amounts of time, and that does seem to be the case. I've had some cases with some people where reinstalling the drivers daily for aweek didn't help. Try removing the driver entirely before reinstalling it. Installing it over an old copy may preserve the glitch.

I leave my computer on for marathon amounts of time, and that does seem to be the case. I've had some cases with some people where reinstalling the drivers daily for aweek didn't help. Try removing the driver entirely before reinstalling it. Installing it over an old copy may preserve the glitch.

I did this and it's working fine now. Thanks dude! By the way, Binjovi... I envy you!!! :razz:

I think this month will be a lil jokey for me. It's a great idea i've got and someone else will prob do it too but o well.