FAC - Fan Art Competition 15 - Weapons - VOTING!

atmuh

I can't use a tablet....it feels too funky to me. ;_;

I have at least one good idea for this, but there may be more.

Just keep practicing with it, you'll get used to it with time, I've had a tablet for about 9 months now, and the only thing that's really awkward about it is that I can't rotate the drawing surface like a real piece of paper. (also if you haven't already make sure the tablets sensitive area is set to be proportional to the monitor, that seems to be rather helpful).

I'll try to do something for this one, but it all depends on if the scanner here works or not, I left my tablet at home, somewhere I won't be for another month. I had thought of making a big pixily thing, but then realized the only computer available to me is a mac and it doesn't seem to have anything like msPaint to work with.

I can't use a tablet....it feels too funky to me. ;_;

Hmm... do you have your tablet set to the "mouse" mode, or "pen" mode? I find it extremely hard to use pen mode (where parts of the pad map 1-to-1 with parts of the screen), it's pretty much impossible for me to get used to. If it's the same problem you're having, set it to Mouse mode and set the Acceleration to zero, then adjust the Mouse Speed to your liking.

As for progress on our entries... I have a funny idea, but I have that feeling everyone else has thought of it already (or, part of it at least). Well, I'm bound to have a lot of fun with this one =D

Also:

Anyone have any tips (physical, software, or otherwise) for making crisp lines of varying thickness? I have a pretty shaky grasp when it comes to drawing soft lines with the stylus... and I'm not quite perfect with a real pen either (I always make at least one mistake that ends up really bugging me :<)...

Bummerdude? Linkjing? ...Dhsu??

But those lines, they're drawn with so much tenderness and perfection, round and delicate like the first drops of dew on a September octopus. Seriously, when I first opened it I thought there was water shooting straight at me out of the monitor, but after the initial shock I began to wonder what would compel you to enter such a startling photograph. After realizing that it was in fact a drawing, it took me a week to convince myself that you hadn't stolen original FF6 artwork from the instruction manual, and had in fact drawn it with your own hand, or at least your right foot.

Also:

Anyone have any tips (physical, software, or otherwise) for making crisp lines of varying thickness? I have a pretty shaky grasp when it comes to drawing soft lines with the stylus... and I'm not quite perfect with a real pen either (I always make at least one mistake that ends up really bugging me :<)...

Make the picture huge, then shrink it down as far as crisp lines, this can apply for varying thickness too if you have a pen/tablet that allows for it and the brushes as well.

Can't give you much help on real life drawing though beyond keep practicing, I used to have a really shaky hand, but it isn't as much now, and I haven't done anything specific about it.

Hmm... do you have your tablet set to the "mouse" mode, or "pen" mode? I find it extremely hard to use pen mode (where parts of the pad map 1-to-1 with parts of the screen), it's pretty much impossible for me to get used to. If it's the same problem you're having, set it to Mouse mode and set the Acceleration to zero, then adjust the Mouse Speed to your liking.

As for progress on our entries... I have a funny idea, but I have that feeling everyone else has thought of it already (or, part of it at least). Well, I'm bound to have a lot of fun with this one =D

Also:

i did it the hard way: trace every line all the way around with a pen tool, make selections, then used a brush to fill every line in

You'd be surprised of how small all the images of a regular Cutting Trigger or Flame Saber are INTERNET YOU'VE FAILED ME

i did it the hard way: trace every line all the way around with a pen tool, make selections, then used a brush to fill every line in

I used the pen tool as well, but I chose to use Stroke Path with a 2 - 5 pixel circular brush, and then slap a vector mask on the layer so that I could bend and warp it to my liking if I didn't get satisfied on the first go.

Half of the time went to making my original drawing into a clean, outlined figure, but man was I happy with the end result.

I do it similarly. I find the most tedious part though, beyond the inking of outlines, is the putting down of base colors. Seems to take longer than it should. Shading is more fun though, in my opinion. You get to see things begin to flesh out.

How's everyone's projects coming along? I think I finished mine, totally different style than my previous entry.

AKA: Bump

I think mine might be done too...doubt I'll win on a first entry though, but I still had fun making it...by the way how do we go about submitting our work.

I think mine might be done too...doubt I'll win on a first entry though, but I still had fun making it...by the way how do we go about submitting our work.

PM Atma with a link to your artwork; [Your Name - What it is - Game - Link]

Its what I did last competition.

Its all 'bout the fun too, not the winning. Winning is a perk.