FAC - Fan Art Competition 15 - Weapons - VOTING!

atmuh

Hi i'm new to this forum ,but i am a weapon drawer and i wanted to know if you could enter your own weapon for the contest?

just wanted to know cause that would seriously cut down my options.

so i know if i can use my own custom ideas.

A way to get your art out there.....its an achievable goal.

Hi i'm new to this forum ,but i am a weapon drawer and i wanted to know if you could enter your own weapon for the contest?

just wanted to know cause that would seriously cut down my options.

so i know if i can use my own custom ideas.

A way to get your art out there.....its an achievable goal.

ill leave this one up to the rest of you

thoughts?

Uhh....I thought this was a competition about video games. Ya know, video games that are out. With weapons that have already been devised.

I don't see why, if you're a weapons designer, you can't take a crack at recreating a weapon from a video game.

The way I see it, it needs to involve a weapon from a videogame. Though it could also involve a lot of original design. In my opinion, these examples would be acceptable:

- A re-imagination of the Biggoron Sword that looks little like the original, but is recognizable because it's huge and Link is holding it, or he's using it against an enemy from Ocarina of Time.

- An original weapon design (alone), but with certain elements that make it CLEAR that it's from a certain game (e.g. you can tell it's Ivy's sword because it's a freaking whip sword. Or you can tell it's the Master Sword because it has a purple handle with the triforce symbol.)

- A character/unit/creature from the Warcraft universe holding a completely original weapon design.

- A drawing of Samus pointing her smoking arm cannon at a big-ass explosion in the background. (But that's not quite something a weapon designer would want to draw most, is it?)

- A weapon in a place/setting that makes it clear what game it's from.

- A weapon of a certain style that's drawn in an art style that makes it clear what game it's from (e.g. drawn in Okami's style, or Killer 7's style).

Things that I think would NOT be acceptable:

- An original weapon design where you can't tell what game it's from at all (e.g. no clues in the background or on the weapon or anywhere), even if the weapon design was inspired by a certain game.

I haven't started yet, but my entry's gonna be a little less "weapon-y" than most of those things I listed... or rather, a big portion will involve drawing non-weapons.

[Edit]

With what I said there, I should add that you should really have a game in mind when you design/draw your weapon(s).

ok 2 things

first things first bump and WHERE ARE ALL THE ENTRIES WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE

secondly

i am announcing that this is the last month ill ever be doing this competition. after a rough weekend ive decided that its time to sever my ties with the internet and that means staying away from the forums or possibly leaving completely

id like to know who is interested in taking over this compo from now on because this is something that i feel should continue

you talented artists deserve some recognition!