Metal Gear Solid 4 'Love Theme' (clip inside)

entraik

I'm sitting here trying to think if there's anything I could say needs improvement in this, but I can't really think of anything. I even went over the WIP checklist but nothing really sticks out at me. The whole thing sounds good and I like your interpretation of it and the material you've added so far. If you keep going the way you're going I think it will end up amazing in the end (as it is now if you ask me). Maybe someone else will find something they think is off about it, but I really can't find anything that needs to be improved after a few listens.

Can't say if it fits OCR's standards or not, as I had too much trouble getting to the file. Use a more browser-friendly host, preferably one where the listener can choose to download the file in case the streaming doesn't work. I have to second the suggestion to put this on tindeck.

What I got from trying to listen was a sliced/staggering 1:01 long quality piece. Could be some streaming issues. If not, the track needs to be longer and less sliced. Slicing is usually cool, but it can get annoying when done excessively. You also have you drums pretty exposed. Might be a genre thing, but it gives it a quite empty sound. Panning of the guitar also bother me, the first note in the right channel and the rest in the left.

I think what you've got is something great, or at least approaching great. Sadly, that's not what I got. Host it elsewhere.

Stereo balance needs work (Haas effect might be useful here, instead of just panning). And it's cut off. It also has a bit of an empty sound, tho with this style that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Don't know source, so I'll let someone else comment on that.

Little to say, because you got some comments before, and aside from hearing this better this time, not much has changed. Sounds very promising, but it needs length as well as a more balanced stereo soundscape.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't say if it fits OCR's standards or not, as I had too much trouble getting to the file.

Based on the snippit I heard, I could see a problem on BOTH the "direct sampling" side AND the "not enough original tune" side.

That sounds kind of...contradictory, I know. Some songs get away with a lot of direct sampling, some songs get away with a LOT of original stuff...I guess you just need to find a happy medium between the 2, and whether or not you've found it, I can't tell from this clip.

Don't know source, so I'll let someone else comment on that.