PRC124: Psyenergy can't get any more yellow (Golden Sun)

Rexy

It's time we got down to the voting stage, so here's what we're going to do. You will visit the ThaSauce page and make a vote on the bottom of the form. Out of the seven mixes submitted, you choose three and order them from first to third with a reasoning attached. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will automatically get three points added to their total. The winner of the previous contest (Hylian Lemon) has a vote that will count twice. You have until Tuesday, July 15th at 4:59AM EDT to make your vote (and due to me finally starting a job placement, the results may not show up until approximately noon the same day). The winner will get to choose the source material for PRC125!

Binweasel - Countless Screaming Argonauts

Flexstyle - Venusian Trance

hoboka - Light Up My House

just64helpin - Wrong Lighthouse

NeoS - Venus Caelestis

setokaibarocket - Rosicrucian Sanctum

Showroom Dummy - N30-15H74R-73RR4

The People's Remix Competition 124

PRCv5-20

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! Last time we were here, the source material went in the direction of one famous plumber's highly-acclaimed twist to 3D - Super Mario 64. It's a shame that the turnout can't be similarly described, but amidst the entries, Hylian Lemon came through with a fun arrangement campaigning against Goomba abuse (!) and scoring another win under his belt.

Ben can't be with us to see PRC124 make its appearance, but he did send the source in the event that he would have succeeded in the previous round. Whichever is the case, we are casting our minds towards an awesome series of RPGs from the minds of Camelot. Nope, it's not Shining Force, but the huge acclaim this Game Boy Advance title received made it fare even better. Anyone up for psyenergy and an alchemic battle system?

prc124.PNG

I was considering several songs, but this was the only one with a midi that didn't completely suck (and I know some people like to have midis for note reference). I've never played the game, but it has some pretty cool music. This is one of my favorites.

Golden Sun - Venus Lighthouse

MIDI | MP3 | USF ( library)

Similarly, I never got the chance to play it properly either, though I do remember rushing all around the local game markets looking for a copy at the time of the sequel's release. I wonder if the time is still right to look for it, but anyway...

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, July 12th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifee, and we'll help you out.

Thanks for this, Rexy and hylian!

I finished my remix, I HAD to do it yesterday for two reasons: one, I loved Golden Sun, and two, I'm going out of town and wouldn't have time to do this later.

I'm happy to be back and participate, and thanks to the people around here who gave me advice on this one! see you next week! (Entry is uploaded at thasauce)

Hmm, i've got the same problem Flexstyle. Mine's near completion but around 8 megs. If I have to make it under 6 megs the quality will be below 128 kbps. I've got some space to host it myself, if that's no problem.

Damn size limit... it's 8 megs. And 6.75 if I'd render it to 128kbps. :-(

And I already cut a minute of intro and outro, just to make it less big.

Ok, i'll just render a lo-fi version and add it to thasauce. I'll post a link to a better one in my post. (mumbles something about "size limits" and "2008" and some swearing...)

Just post the link on the comments and upload your entry to something like rapidshare or filefront or stuff like that. Make sure you state that you had to encode your entry at a low bitrate for the competition in your comments as well.

I won't be joining this one (not very inspired about the source) but I'll be checking out the entries.

*Goes to submit mix...*

*Yawns* I hate getting up early mornings, especially after 3 hours sleep, lol. This mix is something really different to my usual trance stuff; a weird hiphoppish mix with an ocarina and rhodes piano ?_? Hopefully it sounds okay to your ears, lol.

I had a trance mix in the works too but it didn't turn out well, so I only submitted this one. It's definitely better.

Ahhh, you voted without me!! :o

Ahem... the mixing stage is over! I'm sorry for the wait - had to be dragged to a last minute shopping trip this morning.

It's time we got down to the voting stage, so here's what we're going to do. You will visit the ThaSauce page and make a vote on the bottom of the form. Out of the seven mixes submitted, you choose three and order them from first to third with a reasoning attached. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will automatically get three points added to their total. The winner of the previous contest (Hylian Lemon) has a vote that will count twice. You have until Tuesday, July 15th at 4:59AM EDT to make your vote (and due to me finally starting a job placement, the results may not show up until approximately noon the same day). The winner will get to choose the source material for PRC125!

Binweasel - Countless Screaming Argonauts

Flexstyle - Venusian Trance

hoboka - Light Up My House

just64helpin - Wrong Lighthouse

NeoS - Venus Caelestis

setokaibarocket - Rosicrucian Sanctum

Showroom Dummy - N30-15H74R-73RR4

Wait your turn, Bundeslang :P

Alright, the voting stage is over and now we shall announce the results. I'm too tired from my new job placement - not to mention getting involved with Nintendo's E3 conference - to consider coming up with something witty this time, so I'll just say who did it and who didn't?

Total number of mixes - 7

Total number of votes - 10

Highest possible score - 30

just64helpin obtains his first ever last place wooden spoon with 3 points.

Binweasel and hoboka group together for a joint 5th place with 6 points each.

setokaibarocket kangaroo-jumped over to fourth place with 8 points.

NeoS stretched a seven-minute epic as far as third place with 15 points.

Showroom Dummy 1337'd his way to second place with 16 points.

And the winner of PRC124 is FlexStyle with 18 points!

It was a close fight for this contest, and at the end of it all it all went down to a first win from you, so well done. :) Since this is your first time choosing the next source tune, I'll fill you in on what you should select. It must be a source tune that has not been covered before here at OC Remix - this opens up the scope from uncovered songs in known games (FF6 Gogo) to songs from games with no coverage whatsoever (pretty much the entire Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles score), though songs not on the main site but have been previously approched in site projects (FF7 Shinra Company) are still game.

I'll be happy to see you all on Friday for PRC125 :D