Happy belated 4th

Dhsu

fireworks are banned here, which i find interesting cuz like, there's nothing to burn and it rains all the damn time anyways. in new mexico if you drop two rocks on top of each other there's like a 50% chance they'll spark and burn 50,000 acres, but you can still buy fireworks!

but on the other hand, houston has these things they call bars, and in them are lots of drunk girls, which is pretty cool too.

I had the unfortunate honor of driving my friends around last night, and let me tell you: Firework smog as thick as my skull, little children everywhere, parked cars in places they shouldn't be, and drunken patriots EVERYWHERE. I'm lucky I survived the night. FOR AMERICA.

DJ Metal

We're outside the city limits so the burn ban doesn't apply to us. And even if it did, we have a blasphemously rich neighbor who blows a huge amount of money on fireworks every year and hires profession pyrotechnicians and gets permits from the city and all that. He shoots them off of the baseball field in his back yard and has the fire department parked outside in case anything explodes.

Its funny how everybody overlooks how badly the air is polluted after a fireworks show.

But yes, awesome fireworks are awesome.

It wasn't overlooked at my house, after we were done shooting off fireworks I broke out my multi-hundred dollar laser collection and handed one to each of my family. Hilariousness and fun ensued. :D

i worked, at wegmans. it sucked, i'm in produce and there was no one else there after 5 pm. not that we had many customers - most were just fat black people demanding corn. my favorite comment of the night was "THIS CORN IS SHIT, WHERE ARE YOU KEEPING THE GOOD STUFF, WHITEY?" thank you, modern america.

Haa haa... that's awesomely racist.

You should have told him it was right next to the watermelon and fried chicken. :<

Haa haa... that's awesomely racist.

You should have told him it was right next to the watermelon and fried chicken. :<

Thank you, I now have to change my shorts. :razz:

My 4th was fun. Played Softball and got drunk (at the same time). Hilarious watching people try to bat or pitch while intoxicated. :<

Nothing says 4th of July like playing pool, watching Superbad, and having bottle rocket fights.

I watched Superbad too, BBQ'd some burgers, then watched the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular on the TV. One of the songs they played was the intro from John Adams, which I thought was awesome, having recently seen the miniseries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6DPeCXV5bI