OCR @ Otakon 2008 (Baltimore, MD) - Thanks for coming!

atmuh

Okay here it is because people are interested:

BBQ Details

There will be one Friday night and one Sunday afternoon.

Friday's will start around 8 or whenever people show up. This is mainly for people who have to leave before or early on Sunday, but anyone can come if they want.

Sunday's will flare up at 11am, and run all afternoon. This will probably be the bigger one.

For each I'm going to have to limit attendance to 15 people. My yard is large but not quite that large.

I'm half a mile from the Timonium Light Rail station, it's a decent walk and I can also ferry people to/from the station. I think the trains run until about Midnight on Friday so keep that in mind if you have to get back to a hotel/whatever, as my place is already full. Please try to coordinate in groups so that I don't have to make 600 trips back and forth.

If interested in attending either or both, post here and I'll start a list.

Friday BBQ:

Sunday BBQ:

sign me up TENATIVELY for both. I don't know what my life is like yet

Also, if possible, I'd like a place to crash nearer to Baltimore than home. If nothing is available, or someone else has greater need of it, I'll go ahead and drive every day.

Maybe we could start a new hotel room if no one else has space?

What are the known rooming arrangements anyway...?

Also, Sunday BBQ FTW. Had a blast at the last one in May.

someone dress me up as serge from chrono cross

HOP TO IT

You should cosplay as Leena. :-P

I'd totally hang out with you more if you do--for the LOLs.

If you were really bold about it you could try to pull off Kid...

Edit: Even better: Serge from Radical Dreamers:

end_rd.jpg

All you'd need is a teal robe and hood! We'd be like past and future versions of each other.

Maybe we could start a new hotel room if no one else has space

As I already said, unless there are existing arrangements with space available, I'm just going to drive. Reason being: a new hotel room, if you can even find one close enough to bother, will be ridiculously expensive.

As I already said, unless there are existing arrangements with space available, I'm just going to drive. Reason being: a new hotel room, if you can even find one close enough to bother, will be ridiculously expensive.

There should still be hotels/motels available along I-95 between BWI and Baltimore itself. Anything along that way isn't going to be more than a 20 minute drive (except during rush hour) to get to the BCC.

Of course, driving up there from where I live just takes an hour. I recommend doing that if you're less than 90 minutes away and don't plan on going to any really late-night events (midnight or later). Otherwise, like you said, a hotel room simply isn't worth it.

I gave a recommendation in my last post for a garage. Last I recall, they charge $10 a day. KF

I might have to up the BBQ charge to $6 or $7 if we don't get more signups. Also if anyone has any requests, let me know. Currently the planned Sunday menu is:

-Burgers & dogs

-Wings (just got the technique down tonight)

-Chicken Tenders/Breasts (depends on availability)

-Some variation on the tenderloin cheesesteak I posted above

-(?)

-Potato salad, cole slaw, etc.

-Chips

-Sodas, Tea, Water

-Beer (accepting requests here as well, bring $2 extra if drinking)

I wanted to do ribs as well but it's just too much work. If I can find a decent pork shoulder/roast I may slow cook that on the side.

There may be cake.

Friday's menu is going to be a limited subset of Sunday's, although I may prepare some foods on Friday and simply heat them up on Sunday.