Mega Man Xtreme 2 - Final Level

gusiskirby

I'm not sure "Final Level" is actually the name of the song, but that is the level in which this music plays, obviously. Anyway, I would absolutely love to have someone remix this. Actually, I would love to do it myself, but I have no idea how to use any remixing programs, and I can't play any instruments... I don't really care how this track is remixed, but it would be cool if it were some sort of rock remix. Well, here's the link to the only source I could find. It's from VGMusic. Sadly I can't find an MP3...

http://www.mediafire.com/?tymhdx1vm04.

So that's about it. I really hope someone takes interest in this project. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks in advance!

-Gus

You do realize that's just a 4 channel GB version of the Sigma Stages 1 & 2 theme from Mega Man X2, right? I could make a sound recording if one of 'em sounds decent in XG. They'll end rather abruptly (as do most midis), but at least it's better than the alternative.

[edit]Actually, only two of 'em really sound good in XG, so I'll do them both and post the links when I'm done.

[edit]Sorry. Trying to do too many things at once. Two are just straight recordings, though my computer is cutting off one for whatever reason... =/ I cut down one and did a fadeout, though it's probably not very good. Fortunately, one has enough loops that you could probably open it up in an editor and do a fadeout yourself. Sorry I'm not very good at editing.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmm3h9tyqmn

Ah. I had no idea this was in Mega Man X2. Are the MP3s you uploaded ripped straight from the game? Also, I have no idea what XG is. Sorry...

Edit - Oh. I just realized the 50 second MP3 is the original, and the other two are the modified ones. Anyway, was the 50 sec. file originally a MIDI, and is it even possible to modify MP3? Sorry for all the questions. I'll wait for a reply now.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah. I had no idea this was in Mega Man X2. Are the MP3s you uploaded ripped straight from the game? Also, I have no idea what XG is. Sorry...

S'alright, I probably should've explained it better. No they aren't rips. They're actually midis from VGMusic. Thing is that I recorded them as I played 'em back through more capable hardware/software than your standard MicroSoft drivers, so that's why it sounds so much better.

FYI, the XG softsynth is an old standard for midi playback that's made by Yamaha. Unfortunately, Yamaha doesn't much support the software itself any more nor does the old software work with Vista either. There's some stuff you could use for playback, but the setup process is a bit convoluted. Alternatively, the only stand-alone player that can do it is MidRadio Player, but it's Japanese-only.