Street Fighter 2 'Ryu Theme'

WillRock

The biggest problem I find with this mix is there's just too much going on. A very complex piece like this is great when using a simple and static synth like the one used in the source, but when you apply a stronger mixer and better samples, it just turns into a trainwreck of sound. That being said, I think it's still quite well done, but you should either hide some of the more subtle undertones better, or scrap them altogether and upgrade the samples to more realistic instruments.

I really enjoyed this one alot. It's hard to upgrade the material without making it sound strange or flat but this one really brings out the original well making it seem more aggressive. After a quarter of the way through the song some of the samples tend to get muddled but over all it works nicely. I like the note variations you put in and the solo is interesting too.

Heres hoping for a Dee Jay or Cammy one :)

Keep plugging

As said by other users, I think this is a very decent shot at the Ryu theme, which is overall a rather complexe piece, especially due to the fact that many harmonic lines overlap in order to give it its character. I would peronally try toning down a few of the synth lines : if this were several musicians playing, I would think they're all trying to hog the front of the stage instead of letting each other take over in turns. The solo in the middle can also be extended just a bit, it feels a tad short in my opinion... But nevertheless, keep up the good work, this is definitely cool material that can become a great OCReMix !

I think it sounds awesome. It's an excellent collection of synths, and not only does it stick to the original, the parts that aren't from the original (ie. the solo) would totally fit with the original anyway. I wish my synths sounded nearly as good. :razz:

Did you use the Claw VST at any point in this? Because if not, I'd like to know how to achieve those perfect pitch bends and modulations.