Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Archaon

Seems Neverwinter Nights 2 is due for another expansion later this year. Is anyone else looking forward to it?

The NWN2 official campaign was, admittedly, pretty "bleh". Then came Mask of the Betrayer, which was a big improvement campaign-wise in addition to adding a hefty dollop of new content to play with. I'd like to think this shows that the developers have been learning from their mistakes and taking criticism on board. If they manage to achieve the same jump in quality with the next expansion, Storm of Zehir should fall anywhere between "Very Good" and "Orgasmic Mana from the Heavens."

My enthusiasm is cautious, however. They have been promising that this would be something of a "return to roots", as it were, with less focus on endless hack and slashery and more on storytelling, character development and general depth, which would be great if it happened. Game developers are notorious for failing to live up to their claims, however, so I suppose we'll have to wait and see. If nothing else, though, it still means even more content and bugfixes, which can only be a good thing. Hopefully they can actually introduce a toolset that doesn't crash every five minutes.

• 4 months later...