"Breathing You In" EP, Summer trance release, now available + HOT!

zircon

Last May, I mentioned that I got a two-song breakbeat EP released through an electronic music record label - Progressive Grooves. I also hinted at a bigger release slated for the Summer, and now, it's available. :) If you liked any of my previous original works, or if you're a fan of trance/dance music at all, check it out!

BYIbanner.jpg

"Breathing You In" is an 8-track EP centered around the titular song, which features the vocals and vocal melodies of Jillian Goldin (aka pixietricks.) Also included is "Antigravity", also featuring Jill, and a remix of that. Here's the full tracklist:

* Breathing You In (Original Mix)

* Breathing You In (Original Instrumental Mix)

* Breathing You In (Mikas Positronic Remix)

* Breathing You In (Mikas Positronic Instrumental Mix)

* Breathing You In (Indecent Noise & Andre Glensk Remix)

* Antigravity (Indecent Noise Balearic Remix)

* Antigravity (Indecent Noise Balearic Instrumental Mix)

* Antigravity (Original Mix)

The remixes are all excellent, and in my opinion, the highlight of the EP. Mikas' Positronic Remix is progressive trance, a bit more minimal and pulled back, but very cool. The Indecent Noise/Andre Glensk mix, which Global Trance featured in one of his DJ sets recently, is also done in a trance style, but it's much heavier and more anthemic. Both are great in their own right. The Antigravity Balearic mix is an interesting, downtempo trance take on the original track, which was more New Age to begin with. If you're into darker, atmospheric tunes, you'll definitely like it.

The Breathing You In EP is available from just about all major digital retailers, though Beatport won't have it until the 14th of this month (doh!)

Where do I get it?

* Progressive Grooves Homepage (previews, links to all the stores)

* Beatport

* iTunes - Note that the track names don't show which mix is which for some reason, which was a flub on Apple's end, but at $7.99 for the iTunes Plus (no DRM) version, it's still a great deal.

* Juno Download (MP3)

* DJTunes

* Amazon MP3

---

As of this posting, BYI is #23 on the JunoDownload "Trance" charts for the week and it looks like it's gonna hit the top 10! Progressive Grooves (the label) is going to be promoting this one heavily, which is definitely an honor. If you like it, drop them (or me) a line, post here, tell your friends, tell a DJ... I'd really appreciate it :D

Yes, it is! For those that missed it, "System" was the aforementioned two-track breakbeat EP, also released through Progressive Grooves and available through all major online stores. It features two tracks - a remaster of "Ladder to the Sky" from Antigravity, as well as a new track which I consider to be one of my best works, if not my single best. Very BT/Hybrid-influenced.

Check it out on iTunes here.

The Indecent Noise/Andre Glensk mix, which Global Trance featured in one of his DJ sets recently, is also done in a trance style, but it's much heavier and more anthemic.

Yeah, if you downloaded my set awhile ago, you would have caught this months back. I'm in the mix and in the know. :3

Ah, more excellence to buy. Always looking forward to new content from you. :)

Worth noting: I heard your music on the radio a few days ago! NPR (National Public Radio) used Ladder to the Sky as background music for a preview of one of thier upcoming reports. I thought that was pretty awesome. :D

Ah, more excellence to buy. Always looking forward to new content from you. :)

Worth noting: I heard your music on the radio a few days ago! NPR (National Public Radio) used Ladder to the Sky as background music for a preview of one of thier upcoming reports. I thought that was pretty awesome. :D

Wait, seriously? Was it on an actual NPR program? Or just on a station that also plays NPR stuff? Because the former, in particular, would be really amazing. What station were you listening to?

Wait, seriously? Was it on an actual NPR program? Or just on a station that also plays NPR stuff? Because the former, in particular, would be really amazing. What station were you listening to?

Local station KJZZ in Arizona. They play a large mix of local news, national shows and NPR thorughout the day, Jazz later at night. I'm fairly certain the advert for that report was an NPR one, but now I don't remember. All I ever listen to is the Morning report and Marketplace in the AM on my way to work, and those are both NPR, but looking over their site I guess they do other stuff too. =/

You know, I never really thought of you as a trance producer until just now. Breathing You In (Original Mix) sounds great, the production values are clearly very high, Jill's vocals sound perfect and the arrangement is spot on. And, even underneath all the neccessary trance layers I can still hear that core Zircon sound.. that you've developed a style that is transcending genres I think says a lot. Hope you're enjoying your much deserved success!

Hey those are some awesome mixes! Just thought I'd let you know that whenever I checked it out on Itunes, all of the tracks were labeled the same (i.e. tracks 1-5 were all called Breathing You In, etc.) Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but I guess that's more motivation to download 'em all instead of picking and choosing. :razz: