Max Payne Movie

Fishy

Max Payne! I've been waiting a long time for this movie when I first heard about it. Though I haven't been keeping up with it, it doesn't seem too bad at all. It certainly isn't as gritty as Sin City, which is a plus for me. When some movies or even comic books get overly dramatic, even past the point of melodrama, it's almost laughable. From the looks of it, the movie seems to switch color palettes a lot, which might be used to discern reality from more dream-like states. But overall, I can't say if it's going to be good or bad. Even still, I'll probably go watch this movie in the theaters when it comes out.

I just worry if the writing is strong enough so that you feel sympathy for Max. In the game, it was an adventure where key points would then reveal more about his past and what was going on around him versus what the player/viewer thought was happening. If they skimp on this presentation style, then it's going to be your run of the mill action movie. I think I saw Mona in the trailer too, which makes me wonder what they're trying to do with her... It's still early though.

I was almost saying "needs moar bullittime", but then the trailer showed some.

Looks like it's gonna be a Sin City Light movie, which will be panned by the critics. But i think i am gonna see it. Looks cool enough. But what's with all the angel like things? What does that have to do with Max Payne? If they were metaphores, i'd understand, but these fuckers seem to be real.

I absolutely loved Max Payne 2.

I don't know what the heck those flying things are though. I can deal if it's symbolic or have to deal with V, in fact, that might make it even cooler... but if they end up being supernatural-ish creatures that Max is shooting up, while I'm sure that too would be cool, it won't be true to the games, which will make me sad.

Not bad, but I get the feeling it will be a bit Sin City-ripoffy, even though it was technically first.

Technically Sin City was first since the comics started in 1991. I wouldn't be surprised if the original game were influenced by them in terms of style to be honest.

None the less, I'll wait to see it when it comes out. Never played the second game, but the first was awesome.

Technically Sin City was first since the comics started in 1991. I wouldn't be surprised if the original game were influenced by them in terms of style to be honest.

None the less, I'll wait to see it when it comes out. Never played the second game, but the first was awesome.

I was talking more about the directional style.

Considering the movies style was lifted panel for panel from the comics I think my point there stands.

Actually, the movies scenes were copied panel for panel from a comic book based on film noir - a film genre. Sin City is not any more unique than the next thing.

I haven't heard anything about the script, other than that it's loosely based on one of the games. What I can see in the trailer seems pretty nice though. As someone said before me, they've captured the gritty, cold and dark essence, and there's alot of potential from the games. I take it the angel-thingy will be a hallucination.

I like it.

But then again, I liked the Wizard. And the Super Mario Bros Movie. And the Resident Evils. All of them. And Silent Hill. And Hitman.

I like the games and I just find the movies enjoyable, I guess.

No Double Dragon love? Oh, the twins will see you suffer.

dude, I love me some Hitman, Silent Hill (especially SH), RE's & friggin MK2. But Double Dragon? Just no... no.

As for this movie, I' thinking it'll be an awesome John Woo-like action noir. Which is awesome. Those angels, I'm down for them wther they be drug induced, a cool visual for when max kills people (i.e. Grim Reaper) or straight up supernatural enemies. Cause, really, do we need a striaght adaption seeing as how the games were presented that good to begin with.