OCR01730 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Subterranean Kamikaze"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the best parts about this mix is just the overall sound. Your sound quality is excellent! The solo at 1:48 is awesome as well. The awesome, bluesy transition at 2:58 is an excellent change of pace, then the energy comes right back in with a keyboard, then (another) badass guitar solo. Great work!

totally 80's

I don't get this though.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"They say music can alter moods and talk to you..." Sure, a line from a rap song, but it applies here. This track has to be one of my favorite tracks from Sixto Sounds. It's upbeat, it has heavy guitar riffage, and it's over way too quickly. So-called n00b zircon contributes to the upbeat atmosphere, and together the Sixto-zircon combination is as lethal as it is enjoyable. The song itself has the source material remix continually playing throughout the track, giving it a faithful feel. All in all, a great track that makes me happy whenever I listen to it (sometimes three times in a row), and hopefully it affects others in the same way.

• 4 months later...

Along with Duck Tales - The Moon, the SMB theme song, and Zelda, this is one of those source tracks that immediately comes to my mind that embodies video game music. Once you hear Sewer Surfin', you're almost guaranteed to never forget it the rest of your life. And what Sixto and Zircon did here was give it absolute justice.

The intro build is exactly as my dream remix of this would be, and the organs used throughout are beastly. It's a great balance in the mix between the show-stealing guitars and all the additional reinforcement. I especially enjoyed the solos, and Zircon's use of a synth lead that sounds suspiciously like a modernized version of the bass from Alleycat Blues is icing on the cake. Throughout, this song is just tops, and ridiculously awesome production.

The only version I can think of that might rival it is Nase's Turtle Wank, but that's a different approach with different goals. Give me either mix on any day and I'll be happy as a clam. Or a turtle.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01730 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV "Subterranean Kamikaze"
  • 2 years later...

When my wife and I got married in 2017, we used this song as our grand procession into the reception.  It also happens to be my opening and ending theme to my live streams, so it just made sense. My family loved it, and so did the DJ! I think he kept the song for playing elsewhere, I know he kept Darkworld Jazz by Gux...