Prayers for bLiNd (UPDATE: He's home)

Jillian Aversa

It could be the music's mood makes bLiNd happy. Hell, I love Luther Vandross, but his music depresses me after prolonged exposure.

Anyway, the mixes don't have to sound somber. And thankfully we're not talking full-length tracks, so I'll see what I can do in a week. Hell, I did "Outerspacester" in two weeks.

Hey guys I have heard word of Jordan about the status and he is doing MUCH better. He's under great care and stronger medication. He can move around now. The 'fan mail' (haha) was given to him this afternoon and he is very thankful. Words cannot describe how happy he is about everyone's prayers and desires for him to get better. Thanks for all the support guys. I will keep you all updated.

I am trying to get some days off from work (aiming a week, hopefully I get it) to spend time with him at the hospital. I plan on sleeping there and if possible, by him. I wouldn't want it any other way.

That's great news, Jade! I'm glad he's feeling at least a little better! Tell him to stay strong; I may not know him personally, but he's got a lot of friends to come back to here.

Yeah... he is definitely gonna have a ton of new friends now. lol He loves people and I'm sure he'll be blessed to have you in his life. He also has to come back to finish the tracks he wants to submit to OCR and not to forget, him and I still have to work on music together so I can be apart of the family too! :)

I truly feel sad about this. A friend of mine was actually working with him on a potential game soundtrack. I heard some potential tracks and they sounded awesome. Even if the game may never see the light of day* the music was still incredible. I hope you can recover man.

EDIT: *Not to say that I know or don't know about the project's future or even present, just that he's a really talented guy.

I am not allowed to give any information about this, but I assure you, it looks very promising.

Wow. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I read the first post. It feels like it wasn't too long ago that I was reading about Reuben Kee's tragic accident.

Jordan, you don't know me at all but I've been a fan for years. Your Blue Vision remix of Aquatic Ambiance was one of the very first OCRs I ever heard/downloaded, and it remains one of my favorites (though Aerofunknamics is my all-time favorite OCR of yours). Hearing this news saddens me greatly, and all I can say is that you're in my prayers and I hope you get better soon. I'm sure you still have so much more to share with the OCR community and the world, and we can't wait to be here to experience it. :smile:

Glad to hear Jordan is doing better, I just saw djp's note in the latest remix update linking to this thread. White Skies is one of my favourite songs on all of OCR; many of his other remixes have a permanent place in my playlist as well. He is an amazing composer and I am hoping he will be around for a long long time yet. Stay well, both of you.

P.S.: Jordan's tracks are also extremely fun to play in Audiosurf. Capturing the top score for White Skies has become one of my obsessions. Other people are much better at that game than me, though =P

Is there a way to know a certain future for him? If he's doing better, and will continue to get better, bless you both. Everyone's prayers have been answered. If anything else happens, want you to know that I am praying for you.

Lord, you are the great physician of the body and soul. Grant healing to Jordan, according to your amazing mercy. Surround him with faithful people who live according to your love. Give him strength, patience, and especially hope and trust in you. In the midst of this turmoil and disease, give wisdom to the doctors and other medical staff who provide care. Encourage and support his family and friends.

Ultimately, Lord, we know that this is an age of trial, pain, suffering, and worse. Yet our ultimate hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ, and him crucified. We know that nothing can separate us from your love, not even death itself. Therefore, we trust in your mercy in all this, through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

Nicely put, Thin Crust.

May the blood of Jesus cover all infected areas as it never fails. We render the powers of darkness in bLiNd's body terminated in the name of Jesus. Lord, send your healing power over his body, for the devil came to steal kill and destroy, but You're up in here to pass life and life more abundantly. The powers of darkness have no authority over his body, May the doctors witness a miracle wether he makes it or not. Kingdom come, God's will be done! Let him know that sorrow lasts a night, but joy comes in the morning, God. Give him supernatural strength in his natural weakness.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

P.S. To JaDE ARaN HaRuNo, If you believe that bLiNd will get over this infirmity, take him to a place in Florida called Lakeland, where an annointed man of God named Todd Bentley (who I met personally) may be able to have God use him as a vessel to give bLiNd healing.

Nicely put, Thin Crust.

May the blood of Jesus cover all infected areas as it never fails. We render the powers of darkness in bLiNd's body terminated in the name of Jesus. Lord, send your healing power over his body, for the devil came to steal kill and destroy, but You're up in here to pass life and life more abundantly. The powers of darkness have no authority over his body, May the doctors witness a miracle wether he makes it or not. Kingdom come, God's will be done! Let him know that sorrow lasts a night, but joy comes in the morning, God. Give him supernatural strength in his natural weakness.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

P.S. To JaDE ARaN HaRuNo, If you believe that bLiNd will get over this infirmity, take him to a place in Florida called Lakeland, where an annointed man of God named Todd Bentley (who I met personally) may be able to have God use him as a vessel to give bLiNd healing.

Thank you for that prayer. I will say it everyday. Jordan and I have planned for him to visit Florida (where I currently live) but we had to put those plans on hold because he is too sick to travel. I have actually been to Lakeland several times and I really like it there. When I speak to Jordan tomorrow, I'll mention it to him. I will def keep it in mind and I won't forget. I got a good memory for the most part.

Is there a way to know a certain future for him? If he's doing better, and will continue to get better, bless you both. Everyone's prayers have been answered. If anything else happens, want you to know that I am praying for you.

Lord, you are the great physician of the body and soul. Grant healing to Jordan, according to your amazing mercy. Surround him with faithful people who live according to your love. Give him strength, patience, and especially hope and trust in you. In the midst of this turmoil and disease, give wisdom to the doctors and other medical staff who provide care. Encourage and support his family and friends.

Ultimately, Lord, we know that this is an age of trial, pain, suffering, and worse. Yet our ultimate hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ, and him crucified. We know that nothing can separate us from your love, not even death itself. Therefore, we trust in your mercy in all this, through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

I will say this prayer as well. Amen. Thank you for praying for all of us. Jordan has a bright future with Leifo joining up with Ferry Corsten. The former thread about this was in: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11103 Not sure if everyone knows about that. It's also in this blog by Liontamer: http://vgfrequency.blogspot.com/2007/08/blind-and-leifo-playlisted-by-ferry.html Ferry Corsten has been very busy and so has Leifo, but they have many unfinished tracks (they're amazing btw). When I left May after visiting Jordan, they both have planned to work on music again... but considering Jordan is ill, everything has been on hold. They're amazing best friends and talk to each other almost everyday. I witnessed the two of them together and I don't know how many times I thanked God for letting me experience something like that. They're both amazing people in this world.

He also has a bigger future than just that. I'm sorry I cannot mention it entirely, but he is interested to share it with the OCR community in his own time. As soon as he knows more information about it (he's been waiting on 2 years) he'll express it. All I can say it is music.

Words from djpretzel.... Thank you so much for spreading the forum in a submission and your dear, kind words. But do not worry... he is getting better. Hope is a wonderful thing.

"Endless Skies" is a very great mix! Auron's Theme is one of my favorites on the FFX OST (so is Jordan's). I will make sure Jordan hears this mix. I know he will enjoy it! Great job to Jonathan Paulsen.

I just thought about this now... Is there any way to get Jonathan to read my request? I'd like for him to be apart of the Super Metroid Mini Album as well if possible. We need some great trance in that CD and Jonathan will make sure to provide that. :)

Of course, the mix title "Endless Skies" might remind one of bLiNd's excellent "White Skies (Club Mix)," also from FFX and also trance, albeit a different source track. Unfortunately, we recently learned that Jordan is very sick, suffering from colitis. Please chime in on the thread to wish him & his girlfriend and family the best; he's given so much excellent music to the community over the years, it's downright scary, and I'm personally hoping he gets better ASAP.

I hate to end on a down note like that, but since this is a trance mix with a similar title, it did bring this unfortunate situation to mind. At the moment, the best we can do is wish for Jordan's speedy recovery, and remember all the awesome mixes he's done over the years. At the same time, it's great to see new faces like PrototypeRaptor persisting the trend that Jordan was so instrumental in starting, giving trance the respect and craftsmanship it deserves and making a home for the genre on OCR. In a true "best of times, worst of times" moment, I'd like to express my congratulations to Jonathan for getting his first mix posted, and thoughts & hopes to bLiNd in what must be a difficult time.

I'm a little late, but I wanted to give my hopes and prayers to Blind. Unfortunately I'm not a remixer. Nor do I have any talent in music. But I love listening to yours and everyone else's mixes on this fantastic site. I love how you pull off trance so damn well. It's scary! In a good way! One of my favs from you is not even an OCR track, the F-Zero compilation (it's actually two separate tracks but it freaking rocks!)

Even though I don't know you personally, I got teary eyed when I heard about your condition. I know one of my good friends had to have surgery to have his large intestine removed because he had been digonosed with colon cancer. He's much better now, but when I read about the present condotion you are in it made me think about my friend. I'm glad to hear you are getting a little better day by day. Keep up the good fight and never give up! Sorry if I got a little side tracked, I get so sad when I hear about bad things that happen to good people.