Rock Band 2

sephfire

** Now with trailer! **

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36037.html

COMING IN SEPTEMBER FOR XBOX 360 (and PS3 sometime later) rock.gif

GAME INFORMER ARTICLE SCANS (read here for all juicy details):

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340

The entire track list is announced!

83 tracks on disk, 20 to be released for free at launch, and all RB1 songs will be transfered over.

Complete Song List:

1. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

2. AFI - Girl's Gone Grey

3. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

4. Alice in Chains - Man in the Box

5. Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man

6. Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

7. Bad Company - Shooting Star

8. Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want

9. Beck - E-Pro

10. Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl

11. Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt. I

12. Blondie - One Way or Another

13. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

14. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

15. Cheap Trick - Hello There

16. Devo - Uncontrollable Urge

17. Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain

18. Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

19. Dream Theater - Panic Attack

20. Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf

21. Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

22. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

23. Foo Fighters - Everlong

24. Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge

25. Interpol - PDA

26. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

27. Jethro Tull - Aqualung

28. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

29. Joan Jett - Bad Reputation

30. Journey - Anyway You Want It

31. Judas Priest - Painkiller

32. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

33. L7 - Pretend We're Dead

34. Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

35. Linkin Park - One Step Closer

36. Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

37. Lush - De-Luxe

38. Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen

39. Megadeth - Peace Sells

40. Metallica - Battery

41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go

42. Modest Mouse - Float On

43. Motorhead - Ace of Spades

44. Nirvana - Drain You

45. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

46. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon

47. Paramore - That's What You Get

48. Pearl - Jam Alive

49. Presidents of the USA - Lump

50. Rage Against the Machine - Testify

51. Ratt - Round & Round

52. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away

53. Rise Against - Give it All

54. Rush - The Trees

55. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

56. Smashing Pumpkins - Today

57. Social Distortion - I Was Wrong

58. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

59. Soundgarden - Spoonman

60. Squeeze - Cool for Cats

61. Steely Dan - Bodhitsattya

62. Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

63. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

64. System of a Down - Chop Suey

65. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

66. Tenacious D - Master Exploder

67. Testament - Souls of Black

68. The Donnas - New Kid in School

69. The Go-Go's - We Got the Beat

70. The Grateful Dead - Alabama Getaway

71. The Guess Who - American Woman

72. The Muffs - Kids in America

73. The Offspring - Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated)

74. The Replacements - Alex Chilton

75. The Who - Pinball Wizard

Bonus Tracks

76. Abnormality - Visions

77. Anarchy Club - Get Clean

78. Bang Camaro - Night Lies

79. Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow

80. The Libyans - Neighborhood

81. The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter

82. Speck - Conventional Lover

83. The Sterns - Supreme Girl

84. That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

*20 free tracks yet to be named.*

New Features:

- 80+ song list -- ALL OF THEM MASTER TRACKS (no covers).

- FULL BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY for DLC. Your ENTIRE DLC collection will work in RB2, and new DLC will continue to support RB1 as well!

- Band World Tour returns, now with ONLINE.

- "Battle Of The Bands" Mode

- "No Fail Mode" for stress-free rock.

- Now you can create Quickplay Setlists, so you can choose what you want and play straight through without a break.

- Auto set list generation: All songs by an artist, all songs of a certain difficulty level, all songs in a genre, etc.

- Band Challenge mode will replace standard tiered Solo modes. It will includes a BASS TOUR option and even integrating your DLC.

- No more band leaders. No more confusion.

- ANY character can play ANY instrument.

- CPU controlled band members can be chosen from your created characters

- The World Tour mode includes every one of the old cities and venues from the first game, but now expands to include dozens more.

- New character customization options, including facial piercings and bandannas and such.

- When you look at each track on the song list, you can see album details, the album artwork, as well as a complete rundown of how difficult each instrument will be on that song."

MENTIONED BY SEVERAL NEWS SOURCES, BUT NOT CONFIRMED:

-Owners of Rock Band will be able to download the original tracks as DLC.

New Instrument Peripherals!

rb2instruments.jpg

And for those who STILL have money left: Expensive ALTERNATE INSTRUMENTS!

Guitar = REAL FENDER STRATOCASTER refitted with guitar controller components!

Drums = limited edition ION ELECTRONIC DRUM KIT with four pads, three cymbals and a pedal!

I am excited beyond words.

Sweet.

I'm not really too excited for the song set, but the new instruments look great, and the choice to view the difficulties for each instrument on a song could greatly reduce the amount of failures when I play with my little sister.

EDIT: I'm even more psyched now that I know that the old instruments will still work!

This is rather unfortunate for me since I bought Rock Band fairly recently. I just took a peek at that song list and none of those songs interest me in the slightest. :/ I just converted a bass pedal to play on my set but that new Ion drum set has me creaming my pants.

Actually Sephfire - the DLC thing is confirmed. I'm not sure why some sites don't realize it, but it was someone from Harmonix who gave an interview with IGN who let the cat out of the bag. In addition, owners of Rock Band 1 will still be able to play Rock Band songs on Rock Band 2.

But more importantly, there are rumors that the setlist for the game has been leaked

1. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

2. AFI - Girl's Gone Grey

3. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

4. Alice in Chains - Man in the Box

5. Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man

6. Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

7. Bad Company - Shooting Star

8. Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want

9. Beck - E-Pro

10. Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl

11. Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt I

12. Blondie - One Way or Another

13. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

14. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

15. Cheap Trick - Hello There

16. Devo - Uncontrollable Urge

17. Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain

18. Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

19. Donnas, The - New Kid in School

20. Dream Theater - Panic Attack

21. Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf

22. Elvis Costello - Pump it Up

23. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

24. Foo Fighters - Everlong

25. Go-Go's, The - We Got the Beat

26. Grateful Dead, The - Alabama Getaway

27. Guess Who, The - American Woman

28. Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge

29. Interpol - PDA

30. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

31. Jethro Tull - Aqualung

32. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

33. Joan Jett - Bad Reputation

34. Journey - Anyway You Want It

35. Judas Priest - Painkiller

36. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

37. L7 - Pretend We're Dead

38. Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

39. Linkin Park - One Step Closer

40. Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

41. Lush - De-Luxe

42. Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen

43. Megadeth - Peace Sells

44. Metallica - Battery

45. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go

46. Modest Mouse - Float On

47. Motorhead - Ace of Spades

48. Muffs, The - Kids in America

49. Nirvana - Drain You

50. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

51. Offspring, The - Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Seperated)

52. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon

53. Paramore - That's What You Get

54. Pearl Jam - Alive

55. Presidents of the USA - Lump

56. Rage Against the Machine - Testify

57. Ratt - Round & Round

58. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away

59. Replacements, The - Alex Chilton

60. Rise Against - Give it All

61. Rush - The Trees

62. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

63. Smashing Pumpkins - Today

64. Social Distortion - I Was Wrong

65. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

66. Soundgarden - Spoonman

67. Squeeze - Cool for Cats

68. Steely Dan - Bodhitsattva

69. Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

70. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

71. System of a Down - Chop Suey

72. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

73. Tenacious D - Master Exploder

74. Testament - Souls of Black

75. Who, The - Pinball Wizard

-- BONUS SONGS (all Harmonix bands)

76. Abnormality - Visions

77. Anarchy Club - Get Clean

78. Bang Camaro - Night Lies

79. Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow

80. Libyans, The - Neighborhood

81. Main Drag, The - A Jagged Georgeous Winter

82. Speck - Conventional Lover

83. Sterns, The - Supreme Girl

84. That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Note that the 10 revealed tracks all agree with the leak (this leak came out before the first 10 was revealed).

I love the guitar. It looks exactly like mine :-) Also, no fail mode and custom set lists will make it much cooler when you're jamming with your buddies and one of you (usually me) feels like trying the song at a harder level than your actually capable of playing it at. Also, anyone want one of those limited edition drum sets that can also be used as an electric kit as my as I do?

That set list is 17/17 correct so far, so I'm guessing it might be the real thing. Seems like a pretty strong collection of songs to me. Lots of variety and almost twice as much as the first game. Besides, there's over 100 DLC tracks available right from the release date and plenty more to come. It'll be hard to not find music you like.

And I'm buying that expensive ion drum kit. My wallet will writhe in pain, but I'm not passing that up. I need new practice drums anyway.

I would probably wind up buying it anyway provided it came out and had downloadable content for Wii, but man if that setlist isn't disappointing as a many-times vocalist. A lot of my favorite bands up there, but some of their worst songs for singing. I'd probably have more fun playing bass of all things.

This is good news indeed, especially since my roommate bought Rock Band a couple of weeks ago and I have grown quite masterful (expert) on drums (I'm a real drummer with lots of prior rythm game experience), pretty good(medium/hard) on Guitar/Bass, and decent (Easy/Medium) on vocals. Someday I'll have to buy me all this for myself, but it's still a while off.

I'm glad to see Rage, Peppers, Dream Theater, and Megadeth, but wish they had different songs. Master Exploder by Tenacious D is spot on, though.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about! I kinda prefer to keep the setlist a surprise, so I only looked at about half of the songs on that list. But it still sounds pretty fun! And who cares if I don't like any of the new songs? I can still play all of the olds songs and all of my DLC! Now if only I had enough cash to splooge on the gorgeous new instruments...Oh well, my old ones will do. (And by old ones, I mean my Rock Band drums and my GH3 guitar :D)

Harmonix...please have my babies! Activision...it's not working out...I know we had something with Guitar Hero 3...but you've gotta understand where I'm coming from. I'll always treasure what we had, but I can't explore Guitar Hero: World Tour with you. It's just asking for too much from me! What, do you think I'm made of money or something? That's it! We're thru!

Personally, I'm more excited for GH World Tour because of the music creator, and full online things (Like DLC) on Wii. I don't have a PS3 or 360, and since I don't already have rock band but do have GHIII, GH world tour is the only logical choice for me.

As someone who hated the feel of the drum pedal on the original kit I'm not exactly glad to see they didn't change a thing except make it harder to break. The song list in the original was lacking, and though this one mostly looks better (Everlong being one of my favourite songs ever), I will absolutely not buy a Harmonix game again until they fix the lag calibration. I tried every different method they put in the first Rock Band and it only came close once. Unfortunately though, the drum parts are less forgiving with the timing than the others, which led to a lot of missed notes, especially on higher difficulties. As if the constant mistriggers from the pads weren't bad enough. My friends and I got to the point where we now officially hate the game and refuse to play it, even on CRT TV's. I still don't understand how they fucked up the lag calibration either; it was damn near perfect in GH2, but it wasn't even close in Rock Band.

I'm also not seeing any features that really warrant doing a sequel yet. Maybe they have something up their sleeves, but it honestly seems like most of the new stuff could have been done in a patch of the first game.

hmm... my buddy had the first one and I couldn't stand playing the drums because of how awkward it felt compared to my normal set... I think that the upgraded set with the crashes on it will do a lot of justice. Those pads look very bouncy and quiet and it looks like it will feel much more like a normal kit.

The backwards compatibility is an awesome idea. Gotta love this company for really listening to everyone's feedback... that's a great quality in an industry that, IMO, is losing it's touch.

Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, and Dream Theater? I just might have to hop on this. Also rumored that Hyper Music by Muse is gonna be on there. This is shaping up to be a seriously beastly game.

I hope this game beats out Guitar Hero IV, I really do. I know that Guitar Hero has to step up, but I really feel they ripped off Harmonix and Rock Band. I'm still don't think that whole creat your own song thing is really going to be that good (it's all midi format from what I hear), but I'll wait to I actually hear and see it.

The lack of cross compatibility is what has held me back from even touching GH3. I wanted to check it out, but have't had the money or even willingness to go out and buy the whole thing when I've got rock band and a lot of awesome songs already. I'm reasonably satisfied with that setlist, if it's true, because that will allow for a mixture of the good songs on that one and the current Rock Band (which had a lot of hits and misses as well). I will be investing in the drum set though. I've come to personally dislike Ion (They sound great but had horrid choice in their construction. Plastic tightners indeed!) but if they are quieter and handle more like a drum set than the current ones, I'm all in. Still, we'll have to wait until Sept. to see if it all lives up to the hype. There's still two months for something to mess up.

Meh. I'm still more excited about GH: World Tour rather than RB2. Mainly because I can't get over how RB screwed Europeans over with how it was published many, many months later here than in US. Plus, GH: World Tour will have online too, plus you get to make your own songs. Also, the setlist for RB2 doesn't look that interesting to me so far.