Rock Band 2

sephfire

Personally, I'm more excited for GH World Tour because of the music creator, and full online things (Like DLC) on Wii. I don't have a PS3 or 360, and since I don't already have rock band but do have GHIII, GH world tour is the only logical choice for me.

I think Rock Band will destroy Guitar Hero on everything but the Wii because of that oversight.

We'll see if Harmonix will correct that or keep their "It's not possible" bullshit. They couldn't even give us the create a character stuff.

As a sole Wii owner, it just doesn't make sense to support Rock Band, as great as it is.

I think Rock Band will destroy Guitar Hero on everything but the Wii because of that oversight.

We'll see if Harmonix will correct that or keep their "It's not possible" bullshit. They couldn't even give us the create a character stuff.

As a sole Wii owner' date=' it just doesn't make sense to support Rock Band, as great as it is.[/quote']

Exactly. At this point, GH is promising to do on Wii what RB is doing on the other consoles and claiming is impossible on Wii. plus, I already have a GH guitar, so buying GH WT would make a complete set.

And yes, I am extremely excited for the music creator. I would even enjoy recreating songs I'd like to be in the playlist, and being able to design my own and then recreate them on my computer and flesh them out sounds like a ton of fun to me!

But for many people who already made the investment in Rock Band, especially if they did so in the past year, it's a huge leap financially.

Come on man, think before you blurt something out :? .

I have the first, and we never use the drums. I'll prolly just buy the game for the songs and be happy. Whatever new stuff they add to the guitar and drums doesn't interest me very much.

hmmm... I don't know why it cut out the person Bahamut was quoting from my quote. *shrug*

So wonderful.

iondrums.jpg

I am fucking getting this.

I'm definitly getting the RB2 disc.

Ok so - my Rock Band experience has gone thus:

Bought RB1 for $160 on launch day.

Rocked it with friends for a month

Guitar - We all like the frets a lot, but the squishy strum is a bit lame. Squishy strum broke....got it replaced. Someone dropped our mic. It busted so we got it replaced.

Month later, busted kick pedal #1 due to lots of expert play. Got it replaced.

A few months of weekends of hardcore play + drinking with lots of friends.

Kick pedal #2 broke. Got it replaced.

Month of good play with friends.

Kick pedal #3 broke. Taped a couple pencils on it...it rocked for a few more months till the plastic broke at the hinge. Got it replaced. Had to argue a bit because they are beginning to check for the 2 month warranty which starts at the date of purchase. It's replaced now. I bought an ebay kick pedal metal thing with a hinge for $30. Installed it on new kick pedal and it feels soooo sweet and I don't expect it to break.

2 weeks ago....blue pad on drums is starting to be very unreliable. Lame. Gotta hit it hard and quick hits don't register a lot. Warranty is over, so I might try to repair it myself.

I've bought probably 50 download songs over the months. We have parties at my place often, and my housemates play the game often. I get reimbursed for the download songs sometimes because everyone is playing on my 360.

This game is definitely the game that has most often been in my 360 and we still only have like 70 achievement points on it. we don't care. We just play band quick play for hours on hours on the weekends while we drink and have friends over. I usually play drums for 30 minutes or so when I get home from work on the week days. It's a good stress reliever to bang on some shit for a bit.

Even though the hardware is always breaking, its been a great experience and worth the money. I'm getting to the point where playing the drums is extremely fluid and fun for me.

Rock Band 2 for me is basically a bulk purchase of a lot of new song content. PLUS the new hardware is available.

The $300 drum hardware looks like my dream. I'm hoping it will not break. Also, I've heard it can act as a correct midi controller, so I could actually use it as a legit drum controller for learning real drums and using in my music. I'm a bit worried that it doesn't come with a second pedal for hi hats though.

If I don't buy this premium set, I'll definitely be getting the normal one. It's got 2 expansion slots for cymbals apparently. Maybe it will be compatible with GH4? I don't really care much about GH4 though - everything it's got, so does RB1 and RB2, and that music creation stuff....I guess that's cool, but so is MTV music creator 1, 2, 3, oh, and I sort of make music with software on my own already.

Normally $300 is too much, but you know what - I won that ourstage grand prize a couple months ago, so I'm thinking I might splurge on this thang. :)

gh4 is gonna be better because the rock band guitar is shitty as fuck and so are the drums nine times outta ten

The Rock Band Guitar may have sucked (my friends started to die after a couple of months. Never had that happen with the GH1 or 2 controllers), but so did the GH3 controller compared to the ones for GH 1&2 (especially compared to the 360's GH2 controller). I also don't expect the GH4 drums to be any better than the Rock Band drums without being noticeably more expensive.

Apparently he can time travel and has already played the game in the future...

On the subject of the drums, if the premium drum set can be hooked up as a legit drum kit, I wonder if it would work backwards for other drum kits. If it could, that means I already have one that I could just hook up and rock with when this comes out.

I've had my set since launch with no breakage or sensitivity problems. Now I'll grant that the Rock Band instruments have been unreliable at best, but the new instruments look like they're built to fix those old issues. Better strum bar on the guitar with less clicky frets. Metal reinforced kick pedal, plus pressure-sensitive, quieter, rubbery drum pads and optional cymbal add-ons for drums (not to mention a high quality alternative).

I'd fault Harmonix and EA more for the faulty controllers if they hadn't been such good sports with their RMA deal. Free of charge replacements with no questions asked? I wouldn't have expected that sort of offer from EA.

I've had my set since launch with no breakage or sensitivity problems. Now I'll grant that the Rock Band instruments have been unreliable at best, but the new instruments look like they're built to fix those old issues. Better strum bar on the guitar with less clicky frets. Metal reinforced kick pedal, plus pressure-sensitive, quieter, rubbery drum pads and optional cymbal add-ons for drums (not to mention a high quality alternative).

I'd fault Harmonix and EA more for the faulty controllers if they hadn't been such good sports with their RMA deal. Free of charge replacements with no questions asked? I wouldn't have expected that sort of offer from EA.

Actually last month they started asking questions. The warranty is just 2 months from when you purchase the game.

So, last month when I was trying to get my second broken kick pedal replaced, I called them up and set it up for them to send me the box. Someone screwed up on their end and it never came. Whatever, that happens. I had to call them up and tell them I never got my box. So we set it up again, but this time, I got an email asking me to confirm my warranty with the receipt (I got RB in November, so I'm obviously WAY out of warranty now). So I had to call them back up again and tell them that they weren't checking this at the time that I had set up the replacement that they screwed up. They were cool with that, so I did finally get the replacement. But when I was on the phone I talked to them about it and they mentioned that in the past they weren't checking any warranty stuff, but now they will check everyone. So, if your stuff is over 2 months old, you won't be getting any replacements any more. Even if a replacement part that is less than 2 months old breaks. They go by the time of the full game purchase. I can't get anything replaced any more.

The entire track list is announced!

83 tracks on disk, 20 to be released for free at launch, and all RB1 songs will be transfered over.

Complete Song List:

1. AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

2. AFI - Girl's Gone Grey

3. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

4. Alice in Chains - Man in the Box

5. Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man

6. Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

7. Bad Company - Shooting Star

8. Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want

9. Beck - E-Pro

10. Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl

11. Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt. I

12. Blondie - One Way or Another

13. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

14. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

15. Cheap Trick - Hello There

16. Devo - Uncontrollable Urge

17. Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain

18. Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

19. Dream Theater - Panic Attack

20. Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf

21. Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

22. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

23. Foo Fighters - Everlong

24. Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge

25. Interpol - PDA

26. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

27. Jethro Tull - Aqualung

28. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

29. Joan Jett - Bad Reputation

30. Journey - Anyway You Want It

31. Judas Priest - Painkiller

32. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

33. L7 - Pretend We're Dead

34. Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

35. Linkin Park - One Step Closer

36. Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

37. Lush - De-Luxe

38. Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen

39. Megadeth - Peace Sells

40. Metallica - Battery

41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go

42. Modest Mouse - Float On

43. Motorhead - Ace of Spades

44. Nirvana - Drain You

45. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

46. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon

47. Paramore - That's What You Get

48. Pearl Jam - Alive

49. Presidents of the USA - Lump

50. Rage Against the Machine - Testify

51. Ratt - Round & Round

52. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away

53. Rise Against - Give it All

54. Rush - The Trees

55. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

56. Smashing Pumpkins - Today

57. Social Distortion - I Was Wrong

58. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

59. Soundgarden - Spoonman

60. Squeeze - Cool for Cats

61. Steely Dan - Bodhitsattya

62. Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

63. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

64. System of a Down - Chop Suey

65. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

66. Tenacious D - Master Exploder

67. Testament - Souls of Black

68. The Donnas - New Kid in School

69. The Go-Go's - We Got the Beat

70. The Grateful Dead - Alabama Getaway

71. The Guess Who - American Woman

72. The Muffs - Kids in America

73. The Offspring - Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated)

74. The Replacements - Alex Chilton

75. The Who - Pinball Wizard

Bonus Tracks

76. Abnormality - Visions

77. Anarchy Club - Get Clean

78. Bang Camaro - Night Lies

79. Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow

80. The Libyans - Neighborhood

81. The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter

82. Speck - Conventional Lover

83. The Sterns - Supreme Girl

84. That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

*20 free tracks yet to be named.*

So I'm confused. Is it only songs you've paid to download for RB1 that will be accessible, or will you be able to play all the default RB1 songs as well?

Maybe those 20 free songs are just cuts from the original...

EDIT: I figured out why I'm still disappointed with both of the new drum sets. Neither includes a properly placed hi-hat and pedal.

The game doesn't really support an "open/close" hi-hat mechanic, but I believe you can place the cymbals anywhere you want. The hi-hat mechanic would be a great thing in the future, but even as a drummer, it's not a feature that I desperately need. And it would be one more thing for non-drummers to have to struggle with learning.

I'd still love it if they brought that mechanic into Rock Band 3, though.