E3 2008

SwordBreaker

Post your rumors, leaks, confirmations, and most anticipated stuff here, people.

On the hot seat so far is Microsoft going all "Wii-like" with a new motion controller that's rumored to be bundled with Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Don't know what to think about this piece, actually. We'll have to wait and see.

On Nintendo's side of things, franchise revivals are what everyone is the hot topic right now. Kid Icarus and Punch Out seem to be the most likely candidates.

Can't wait for those conferences.

Most likely they will go one of two ways:

1. They will have a big press conference with all these slides about numbers and graphs showing something about all the Wiis and DSs they have sold, and then hint vaguely at some sort of surprise for the future. A few games might be announced, but will be nothing that hasn't already been leaked/announced in other places.

2. They whip out the next DS system with all kinds of this and that features, and then the internet collapses.

Nintendo seems to like going to either extreme depending on the year.

With the lack of holiday titles at the moment, Nintendo better have something up their sleeve. At least Wario Land looks amazing and Kirby Super Star Ultra will hold me over for a couple of months.

With Microsoft I can see them pushing Too Human during the conference, which is great and all, but they better show some more future games that will come out next year not in the next 6 months.

With Sony........have a solid date for LittleBigPlanet already! Geez. And please don't have that rumor about the "break-a-part" DS3 be true. It's one thing that Nintendo is making "shells" for a lot of games, but it's another when you make three different versions of the same damn controller.

Apparently the big news for Nintendo is Animal Crossing.. which I'm not exactly thrilled about since they are obviously going to use friend-codes and the AI in the games are non-existent. But I hope they can change a few things drastically.

I want to see some Star Ocean 4 footage for the 360 if they have any. Oh, and that new Sony portable system that seems to be planned.

Most of the stuff coming out of SE is gonna be 360 stuff, so rest assured that there will be at least gameplay footage for SO4. That much is confirmed.

From what I've read about different developers, it looks like the 360 and Microsoft are going to be dominating E3.

Also how would a new version of the DS be awesome? That just means spending $130 more on something you already own.

Things that I'd like to see from Nintendo (though likely won't happen) include

-Pikmin 3 for Wii

-A Pokemon MMO (no, really)

-an overhauled online system (the lag in Brawl is unbearable and the friend code system is clumsy. There's GOT to be a change before next gen =/ )

-Support from more small devs for WiiWare/some innovative new titles

-Decent pricing and release dates in Australia (if you're unaware, even though our dollar almost matches the US dollar, most games still release at the $100 mark. The VC is another matter again...)

I'd also like to see ports/remakes/sequels of a few old games, including the likes of Tetrisphere and Wetrix.

I'm intrigued about this whole 'xbox motion sensor' thing...

I am waiting for news from Fire Emblem DS, but I can dream...

Not too big of a stretch there. Especially because of Marth and the popularity of the Super Smash Bros. series. I'd actually be amazed if nothing is announced regarding Fire Emblem.

I think this time last year they showed screens of Radiant Dawn, and at that point we knew a Japanese one was coming in less than a month. I bet the same thing happens this time: no big announcement, but pictures and/or videos, and we'll have ourselves a Fire Emblem game in about 6-8 months.

(For those who didn't know, Fire Emblem DS comes out August 7 in Japan)

Not too big of a stretch there. Especially because of Marth and the popularity of the Super Smash Bros. series. I'd actually be amazed if nothing is announced regarding Fire Emblem.

I think this time last year they showed screens of Radiant Dawn, and at that point we knew a Japanese one was coming in less than a month. I bet the same thing happens this time: no big announcement, but pictures and/or videos, and we'll have ourselves a Fire Emblem game in about 6-8 months.

(For those who didn't know, Fire Emblem DS comes out August 7 in Japan)

6-8 months? You must be joking. Normaly. When a game is opened and E3. it is either playable. and or they are making the finishing touches.

I dont think we will have to wait 6-8 months, 3-5. at most.

6-8 months? You must be joking. Normaly. When a game is opened and E3. it is either playable. and or they are making the finishing touches.

I dont think we will have to wait 6-8 months, 3-5. at most.

It's not because it isn't playable, it's because it's in Japanese. It usually takes them around 6 months to translate it, especially because there's a ton of text in Fire Emblem games.

Star Ocean 4 please. And more quality 360 RPGs in general. Also I'd like some accurate release-dates and confirmations on a few new XBLA titles. Namely:

•Darwinia+

•Gridrunner++

•Magic: The Gathering

•Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

•Radiant Silvergun (COME ON MICROSOFT, MAKE IT HAPPEN ALREADY!!!)

And hopefully some XBLA surprises as well. I believe in this service.

Oh and Pokémon MMO. Hell yeah. That would rock so much I can't describe it in words.

For those who didn't know, Fire Emblem DS comes out August 7 in Japan

It's true... Finally I prefer download the japanese game on my DSLinker after August 7 instead of looking videos, and test it.