Robocop remake news

lazygecko

For those who missed what's been going on, MGM bought the rights for Robocop and announced that they are creating a remake. It is currently set to be ready some time in 2010. Recently this promo poster surfaced:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8651/rc20102et2.jpg

What's interesting is the targeted demographic, meaning we won't get any toned down kiddy shit like Robocop 3 or the TV series.

What's also been revealed is that the possible director for the film is Darren Aronofsky, whoms track record includes Pi, Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain.

With the latest in Frank Miller matierial hitting the screen, I'm wondering if the famous Frank Miller's Robocop will get screen treatment.

I'm also a bit worried about how they'll choose to do him. I'm hoping they don't opt out of the real live suit option.

As long as its as violent and semi dark as the first movie, possibly as good as the director's cut, I'll watch it.

If Tim Burton directed this film, Robocop would be a brooding, dark mess of a revived dead cop, out for revenge.

• 3 weeks later...
"I'LL BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

that's what she said roffle

This actually looks like it has the chance to be a decent remake. It would be cool if they stayed more true to the Frank Miller version than the original did... unlikely, but cool.

Still, unless the previews really suck, Hollywood has probably made another 9 bucks off of me.