Reserve Tank: VARIAtions (Need Mirror Infos)

DarkeSword

Here Shariq - Solo Piano remix of Brinstar 2 -

http://drumultima.home.comcast.net/forblind.mp3

Get well soon, bLiNd!!!

Some of you guys are pretty quick. It's impressive. :) Very kool! Though I have decided not to listen to anything. Jordan and I will listen it together. I feel like it won't be fair if I listened to it first so I will def let you guys know what I think of it next week! God bless all of you!

bLiNd has started to eat normal food again today and he sounds so much better. I just hope he leaves that hospital soon... I know he misses his house a lot. I would be too... it's a very beautiful one.

Coincidently, I had started a Metroid mix a long time ago that was semi-trance-ish. At least, it has some trance elements in it. I don't really consider it all that good, but I finished it tonight. It's rendering, and it's taking it's sweet time, but I'll post is soon. It's of Brinstar Red area mostly, with a little bit of title screen music and a Metroid Prime title cameo. It was actually pretty heavily inspired by DS's Torvus Clockwork mix when I first heard it like 2 or however many years ago.

Just a note guys: just because bLiNd is a trance artist doesn't mean you have to make a trance mix. I talked to Jade yesterday on AIM and she said that he likes a lot of different styles of music. The mix I'm working on isn't trance either, so don't worry too much about that kind of thing.

I'm doing trance because that's mainly how I know bLiNd. I also think it's something that he'd appreciate, like a tribute.

But yeah, don't do it just because people. Instead do a remix that means something, from your heart man. *goes hippie*

anyway- carry on.

Man, I just talked to Jordan like a week or so ago and he told me what was up. It's great to see the community here at OCR pull together and do something like this for him.

Hopefully he'll be feeling better and bustin out some hot uhn tss uhn tss of his own soon.

I'd sing for ya, Jordan, but you already know I don't do that well. :D

Much <3 to ya.

I'm doing trance because that's mainly how I know bLiNd. I also think it's something that he'd appreciate, like a tribute.

But yeah, don't do it just because people. Instead do a remix that means something, from your heart man. *goes hippie*

anyway- carry on.

ditto. Plus, like I said, mine already had some trance vibe going on, so dusting it off, finishing it, and polishing it off in such a style for ME personally kind of feels appropriate to call my mix a tribute, just like ANSO said.

I'm a shit trance-making man but given his recent Drum and Bass work I'm hoping he'll like the Neuro remix I'm working on right now.

Jordan LOVES drum and bass. :)

quite so. brinstar red is catchy and awesome.

also, tada - www.biggiantcircles.com/Super_Metroid_In_Your_Prime.mp3

Thanks jimmy for being apart of it. :) I can't wait to meet you in the future! I hope we can go to MAGFEST. It's so hard not to click these links... but I'm going to be patient. hahaha Jordan is doing a lot better!

It probably helps to announce which sources we pick. I finally picked a track, then realized a lot of us would be after the Brinstars. I don't think we'd wanna overload with the same melodies, so I'll pick something else.

Yes, I spoke about this to Jordan last night... I told him I hope there aren't too many of the same songs... There are a lot of tracks in that album guys. In my opinion I think the best track is "Theme of Samus Aran ~ Galactic Warrior." Maybe that helps with something different.

anyway- carry on.

Very well said. That's pretty awesome. Jordan has supplied us many trance tracks, but remember Jordan will appreciate anything. This is a gift that was unexpected. It will be loved the same whether it is trance or not. None of you are obligated to do anything for Jordan...that's why it's much more special.

I'm gonna try the mini boss theme again tonight. I think I can see what I want to do, but I still fear it will be horrible. So yeah, I don't mind if someone else does it.

Weren't you telling me a few days ago how I'm too hard on myself?! Good Lord, stop being so negative! =P It all starts with a positive attitude so lift your spirits hunny. Jordan will like it, trust me. Just have confidence. =P Practice makes perfect. That's how people become great in music.

Sooo here is what I have so far

lvpj

It is pretty gosh darn liberal maybe, and also, I'm having trouble finding a good synth lead thing. Basically I was dicking around with mother brain chords and this came out.

it'll get finished, probably, though, once I find a decent lead that works?

mainly the reason I'm posting this: if anything is horrible about this, tell me!