Reserve Tank: VARIAtions (Need Mirror Infos)

DarkeSword

I still think Max Health is more direct than Energy Tank. Energy Tank requires an explanation (like DS gave). Max Health does not.

Someday I'll try to get Jordan to do a live recording of him playing Super Metroid. The guy can get that game done in like an hour and change with 100%. LOL TRUST ME, he knows what they are.

Going to try to get a mix of Galactic Warrior together. A lot of things need to fall in place just right though, so we'll have to see if I can make it happen on time.

I like both reserve tank and energy tank, and the remixes thus far have been excellent

[EDIT]: The VARIAtions idea is good too

Can my name be somewhere in that song? :)

I suck at songs, but I can name them, I shall edit this post with a suitable title.

List of suggestions:

Rainy Brinstar Night

Flowing through the motion

Autumn in Brinstar

(Autumn Underground is a viable option)

Lonely Petals (I love this one, but don't let that affect your choice.)

Alien Pollination

I agree, Lonely Petals is the best one.

Can my name be somewhere in that song? :)

Well, I was not planning on lyrics... There are still a number of ifs in the whether or not I can put somehting together at all department. But if i do manage to get it done, I will make sure both your and Jordan's names are in it in some way shape or form.

I have some ideas for it right now and i'll be spending the rest of the day working. We'll see where I get.

Reserve Tank: VARIAtions gets my stamp of approval as well.

I don't know what it is about this project, but I want to do something for it. I tend to give up a lot easier usually. I will try a more methodical approach tonight, and hopefully, I'll have something brand new, and better sounding.

But I think I may have screwed myself with the mini boss music, it's not a very melodic song.

Tensai-San, I love what you did with that song, it is very Metallica-ish. It's a good interpretation on the original material.

LOL TRUST ME, he knows what they are.

To clarify:

Yes, I'm sure he knows what they are. I know what they are and I've only completed one Metroid game.

However, he may or may not get the reason behind using the term as the album title.

"Energy Tank? That's nice."

"They called it that because you could use an energy tank to get better."

"...oh, I see."

vs.

"They called it Max Health... because they want me to have maximum health! I get it!"

Now, if DS wants to call it something Metroid-specific then he's right, Max Health won't work. But, of course, he didn't mention that when he initially suggested the title.

I found a friend who's got FL and some basic skills. Really angling to get a Ridley mix in for this.

To clarify:

Yes, I'm sure he knows what they are. I know what they are and I've only completed one Metroid game.

However, he may or may not get the reason behind using the term as the album title.

"...oh, I see."

vs.

"They called it Max Health... because they want me to have maximum health! I get it!"

Now, if DS wants to call it something Metroid-specific then he's right, Max Health won't work. But, of course, he didn't mention that when he initially suggested the title.

Holy crap, let it go, Pez. It's over. :lol:

"...oh, I see."

vs.

You really think there's any possibility that the guy won't get it? It's his favorite game. Of course he's gonna get it. It's a pretty obvious title. :roll:

Of course I didn't mention it. I didn't think it needed mentioning. Obviously a Metroid album is going to have a Metroid-specific title. Same goes with any album project we do here. They all reference the game in some way or another.

In any case, just drop the title business. There are more important things to concentrate on, i.e. music.

Of course I didn't mention it. I didn't think it needed mentioning. Obviously a Metroid album is going to have a Metroid-specific title. Same goes with any album project we do here. They all reference the game in some way or another.

In any case, just drop the title business. There are more important things to concentrate on, i.e. music.

Should we be posting our WIPs or something?

You should be flattered. I just feel like I'll be the odd man out no matter what I do. I won't be able to provide something that even feel remotely close to what you guys have as WIPs.

So? It's not an OCR album, or about making OCR-quality work. Put aside what everyone else is making, don't continually compare yourself to others, and just put your effort into your work. Make it your own, regardless of where you're skills reside. When it's done, post it, and let the chips fall where they may :-)

Hey guys, I'm planning on doing a live recording, but I need a good solid mic that won't break my bank. Suggestions please?

And deadline is still the 19th?

Recording of what? Instruments or vocals. If it's instruments then the Shure SM-57 is a good all around mic though more info would be good. If it's vocals, then someone else should help you since I don't sing.

Anyway, my mix is sitting about half done. I had about an hour to work on it today so since I'm usually a very slow, methodical composer that's actually really good for me. I also managed to get a lot of the production issues sorted so it actually sounds pretty good when I cram it into an MP3.

To clarify:

"...oh, I see."

vs.

I found a friend who's got FL and some basic skills. Really angling to get a Ridley mix in for this.

Pezm, seriously, kool it. Jordan will get why they called it an energy tank. Jeez. The title is perfect.

Well, I was not planning on lyrics... There are still a number of ifs in the whether or not I can put somehting together at all department. But if i do manage to get it done, I will make sure both your and Jordan's names are in it in some way shape or form.

I have some ideas for it right now and i'll be spending the rest of the day working. We'll see where I get.

Reserve Tank: VARIAtions gets my stamp of approval as well.

Thanks! :D