Reserve Tank: VARIAtions (Need Mirror Infos)

DarkeSword

Recording of what? Instruments or vocals. If it's instruments then the Shure SM-57 is a good all around mic though more info would be good. If it's vocals, then someone else should help you since I don't sing.

Anyway, my mix is sitting about half done. I had about an hour to work on it today so since I'm usually a very slow, methodical composer that's actually really good for me. I also managed to get a lot of the production issues sorted so it actually sounds pretty good when I cram it into an MP3.

Sorry, didn't specify originally. I'm planning to record an instrument.

Tonight has been much more productive, I managed to make actual music. This does not fill me with shame tonight. It may not compare to some of the work here, but hey, I'm not quite as experienced as some of you.

mndu

(FYI: I love the drums, they may be basic loops, but at least I can use them with the music and not be completely out of whack. It's actually cohesive, and well, not painful. It may be bare, but hey, tomorrow I might actually work on this instead of starting from scratch again.)

It is missing an ending though...

Looks like I'm good to go with this. I almost have it done up to the end of the first chorus area, and the two ideas I wanted to combine actually fit together better than I thought they might. Right now, it's looking to be about two-and-a-half, possibly three minutes long.

Now to try and get it done(ish) by Saturday.

Oh, and is there a particular time to get them submitted by on Saturday?

HERE'S THE DEAL GUYS!!

We're gonna do a GET WELL SOON album for bLiNd, because he's sick. So what I need from you guys is to do some Super Metroid remixes, because that's his favorite game. You can remix any song from the album you want, and anyone is allowed to contribute. I'd like to get this done quick, so get the tracks to me by next saturday (july 19).

GO GO GO!!!

Should we send the tracks to your e-mail/PM or can we just post the tracks in this thread (like most have done, but most of it are WIP's)?

I like quite a number of bLiNd's remixes, so I drew this for this project (I didn't know about the "Energy Tank" title when sketching, though):

ocrsamusforblindsv3.th.jpg

I'm thinking of adding a text that says "Get up, bLiNd. The Galaxy awaits!" It's still a WIP. I think I can clean it up to a decent lineart by Friday; but I don't think I'll have time to color it properly (I work slow).

Tonight has been much more productive, I managed to make actual music. This does not fill me with shame tonight. It may not compare to some of the work here, but hey, I'm not quite as experienced as some of you.

mndu

(FYI: I love the drums, they may be basic loops, but at least I can use them with the music and not be completely out of whack. It's actually cohesive, and well, not painful. It may be bare, but hey, tomorrow I might actually work on this instead of starting from scratch again.)

It is missing an ending though...

So, I've been listening to this in a loop today, and well, I was wondering about my instrument selection. I find the "strings" just don't sound right with this. I'm very much open to suggestions at this point. I've been thinking that I should grab jazzier instruments, maybe a trumpet or a saxophone. But I really don't know. I think at this point I no longer know what I can do. I also realize the drums sound very cheap, and too... perfect, so I think I'll play around with them tonight. I guess working with the samples included in FL might not be the best thing. (I also apologize for using this thread as a WIP... hmmm I think I'll go and post this in WIPs as well.)

I like quite a number of bLiNd's remixes, so I drew this for this project (I didn't know about the "Energy Tank" title when sketching, though):

I'm thinking of adding a text that says "Get up, bLiNd. The Galaxy awaits!" It's still a WIP. I think I can clean it up to a decent lineart by Friday; but I don't think I'll have time to color it properly (I work slow).

Very nice! I'm looking forward to the finished version.

Looks great! Not sure I'm feeling the text part personally, but the image is pretty slick.