Reserve Tank: VARIAtions (Need Mirror Infos)

DarkeSword

I like the "Get up bLiNd, the Galaxy Awaits" if we changed bLiNd to Jordan and Galaxy to World so it doesn't sound like he's going to heaven or something ;P

since SM's soundtrack is quite moody so it would at least be nice to use this image that is very uplifting. Nice work there.

Nah, "Get up bLiNd, the Galaxy Awaits" is perfect and matches the Metroid theme. It shouldn't be changed to his real name or World, no offense. And btw, going to heaven isn't bad... It's better than being here! :) It doesn't sound like he is though.. Means he is still fighting like Samus is.

I like quite a number of bLiNd's remixes, so I drew this for this project (I didn't know about the "Energy Tank" title when sketching, though):

ocrsamusforblindsv3.th.jpg

I'm thinking of adding a text that says "Get up, bLiNd. The Galaxy awaits!" It's still a WIP. I think I can clean it up to a decent lineart by Friday; but I don't think I'll have time to color it properly (I work slow).

This artwork is precious...Great job! Maybe you can color it later on and still give it to Jordan? :) Btw, I hope you keep the original name.

Posting a WIP. I kind of wrote myself into a corner at some point today and got to the ending a lot sooner than I thought I would. I'd like to make it longer so we'll see if I can manage anything tomorrow since the inspiration just isn't coming today. Any ideas on how to continue it would be helpful, and any suggestions on the production side of things would be great. I know it could use some tweaking on that side of things so tips are appreciated since I'm still fairly inexperienced with that stuff.

xdpm

tvrx

I've made a couple of minor changes (fixes) to the previous version. If anyone has any comments or suggestions on how to make this more enjoyable, please do let me know. I finished and submitted an early version because I wasn't sure if I would have much time before Saturday to continue working on it.

(Just so you know, I realize it's basically a cover. That's what I was planning on doing)

Not bad, but I see the corner you painted yourself in at the end. Maybe it should flow in another song, something shorter but more powerful, like the Item Fanfare, that would come in slowly, gain strength, and at the end, go back to you original music and just play it with force... Now it seems to die out...

That suggestion actually has a few ideas floating through my brain right now so thank you very much. I think the item fanfare may be the best choice to go with it now that you mention it. It certainly seems to have my creative juices flowing. If only I had time to work on it tonight. Hopefully the inspiration is as strong tomorrow.

Whipped up a quick sprite scene for the front cover if you guys like it, let me know what you think and what it should be called if we'll be using this. I'm also working on a back cover.

blindalbumfrontcover.jpg

Edit: Back cover draft is done

blindalbumbackcover.jpg

DS, I'm aware it's rather empty, I wanna fill it up, but I'm a guy who's used to painting by the numbers and now I have a bunch of paintbrushes and I'm afraid of ending up with a square of brown. I have added something, I also modified a segment at 1:30 which was for the best, but overall, I think I'm in really uncharted territory. However, I hope you see its an improvement over my previous versions.

I think I will hear this in my sleep:

spic

Ok, I'm definitely on board for this (I meant to mention this earlier...). Anyway, so far I've got about 50 seconds of stuff for the Brinstar 2 theme (definitely in wip). I start by using Finale to get the basic arrangement down, and then I'll be importing it to reason. As of now, it's just piano (if I have time I will add drums and other instruments). The first 50 seconds are part of the wip, but then there's a couple seconds of silence and then a short part I am considering adding in later. Any comments would be nice. I hope to have it done in time. Darkesword, what time Saturday would be the latest you'd accept it?

Thanks.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43a320e1_4ea4/bc/My+Documents/Brinstar2+wip.mid?bfierfIBYrmdfdcJ

Ok, I'm definitely on board for this (I meant to mention this earlier...). Anyway, so far I've got about 50 seconds of stuff for the Brinstar 2 theme (definitely in wip). I start by using Finale to get the basic arrangement down, and then I'll be importing it to reason. As of now, it's just piano (if I have time I will add drums and other instruments). The first 50 seconds are part of the wip, but then there's a couple seconds of silence and then a short part I am considering adding in later. Any comments would be nice. I hope to have it done in time. Darkesword, what time Saturday would be the latest you'd accept it?

Thanks.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43a320e1_4ea4/bc/My+Documents/Brinstar2+wip.mid?bfierfIBYrmdfdcJ

There are just too many Brinstar mixes.... -_-

BGC: Thanks :D

Another Soundscape: Thanks for commenting; I never think of it that way. A new point of view is always good :)

JaDE ARaN HaRuNo: Yes, I'd like to color it :)

Btw, I hope you keep the original name.

In case I misinterpret you; I take it that I can keep the text as "Get up, bLiNd. The Galaxy awaits!"? I think I can add an energy tank or two in the background to link up with the album.

There are just too many Brinstar mixes.... -_-

Sorry, but I'm not overly familiar with the Super Metroid soundtrack (the only one I could play in my head was Kraid's Theme, but I figured a lot of people would do that, so I tried to find another). I just went through some songs on vgmusic until I heard one where some interpretation sprung into my mind. Would you rather me cancel it because it seems everyone decided to do this one?

Probably not going to able to make anything in time for the album :|. Work + not having a computer that won't effectively run any music programs makes mixing very difficult.

However, I would like to make and send him something myself once I get my Mac, which I will do as soon as it's revised (any week now). Please let him know an extra track may show up for him...

I also was not very familiar with Super Metroid's soundtrack and I picked Brinstar 1 because for me, it was the best song to remix in a dance genre (been a while since I did dance, but I wanted to do it for Blind).

Anyway, I'm exact where I wanna be on my schedule. I'm gonna mix it today and master it tomorrow so I'll have it up tomorrow evening (if everything goes well).