Reserve Tank: VARIAtions (Need Mirror Infos)

DarkeSword

Keep 'em coming guys.

Oh, and concerning the "disc" issue. This is a digital release, so there's no disc 1 and disc 2. The songs aren't really arranged in any particular order except mine being first and zircon and pixietricks' being last. There's no specific song where one disc stops and the other one starts.

That being said, I don't really need "rear" cover art. Submit it if you want, but if you just want to send something for the front, that's fine too.

Well, I contacted dish, and he's going to get me the finished lineart / sketch / shaded / whatever-he-defines-as-completed drawing at somepoint. It should look a little more clean...

I've added in the "Super Metroid" but there is a notable lack of tildes in the font I am using. Is it absolutely necessary to include it in the title? I can always just take it from another font.

Well, uploading these finished ones. I probably could do more with it (well, actual skill and taste in art would help in improving this), but being on PST, I don't know when is best.

Will update this post when they are done uploading with links and stuff, then will pm DS.

Ok... so here we go.

With cursive motivational text (big at http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/SoulinEther/bLiNd%20cover/blindcoverfinalbigcursive.jpg)

blindcoverfinalsmallcursive.jpg

With print motivational text (big at http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/SoulinEther/bLiNd%20cover/blindcoverfinalbigprint.jpg)

blindcoverfinalsmallprint.jpg

No motivational text (at http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/SoulinEther/bLiNd%20cover/blindcoverfinalbignone.jpg)

blindcoverfinalsmallnone.jpg

Once I get all the album art subs, I'm going to send it to bLiNd and Jade first. After they listen to it and enjoy it and all that, we'll start setting up a release for the unwashed masses.

hey come on i shower sometimes

I realize this is not my call to make, and ulitmately, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other, but the text just comes off as cheesy to me. The album has already been specifically created for Jordan under the circumstances of his health situation, so I personally prefer the subtle implication that Samus's outstretched hand has without need for any wording. I feel like the text is just redundant.

Well, uploading these finished ones. I probably could do more with it (well, actual skill and taste in art would help in improving this), but being on PST, I don't know when is best.

Will update this post when they are done uploading with links and stuff, then will pm DS.

Ok... so here we go.

With cursive motivational text (big at http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/SoulinEther/bLiNd%20cover/blindcoverfinalbigcursive.jpg)

blindcoverfinalsmallcursive.jpg

With print motivational text (big at http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/SoulinEther/bLiNd%20cover/blindcoverfinalbigprint.jpg)

blindcoverfinalsmallprint.jpg

No motivational text (at http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/SoulinEther/bLiNd%20cover/blindcoverfinalbignone.jpg)

blindcoverfinalsmallnone.jpg

I realize this is not my call to make, and ulitmately, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other, but the text just comes off as cheesy to me. The album has already been specifically created for Jordan under the circumstances of his health situation, so I personally prefer the subtle implication that Samus's outstretched hand has without need for any wording. I feel like the text is just redundant.

I figured it would be a possibility, and that's why I included it right off.

Still, mad props to dish for the nice sketch - I'm anticipating a final version now, lol.

If anyone is interested to use my sketch for the cover, just drop me an email and I'll send you the 300 dpi version :)

In case you wonder why I don't post the cleaned-up sketch here... well, my brain had a such glitches from time to time :D

(I will still work on it after this album is out because I want to color it. I will post it when I'm done.)

[edit]

Another glitch on my side. My email is dennyisk at gmail dot com.

SoulinEther, could I have a PSD (or other layered image format) of your cover? I feel I could do a lot with the different pieces you've got.

The reason I've been holding off helping is that, well, since bLiNd probably doesn't know I exist, I didn't feel I was the right person to be making the album cover. Although, I've always been a fan of his music! I'm certain I'm not alone in that I've listened to all of his ReMixes in one sitting (twice!) =D

SoulinEther, could I have a PSD (or other layered image format) of your cover? I feel I could do a lot with the different pieces you've got.

The reason I've been holding off helping is that, well, since bLiNd probably doesn't know I exist, I didn't feel I was the right person to be making the album cover. Although, I've always been a fan of his music! I'm certain I'm not alone in that I've listened to all of his ReMixes in one sitting (twice!) =D

Sure.. let me get it.

I'll just export the xcf to PSD in the gimp, hopefully it should come out correct. If not... i think i can do pdf.

K, uploading it. It's 15 megs (zipped; GIMP doesn't seem to export too nicely), lacks text info, and some of the layer modes didn't export quite right, but i'm sure you can figure it out no problem. ... and i wonder if it has path info. (no, it doesn't :/, and i used some paths for the text and stuff so.. .yeah)

I'm sure you can do something better with it, in any case. I'm not exactly known for my sound artistic abilities. And I don't think bLiNd knows I exist either... (passing time while this thing uploads. 5 mins left).

K. Uploaded. Check your PMs.

Thanks to a sudden rush of the opposite of procrastination, I whipped up a little something:

blindcover2td1.jpg

The drawing looks phenomenal at high res, so I zoomed in on it quite a bit (losing precious pixels/inch in the process). This pic is 66% of the original size... IMO it doesn't quite do the full-size one justice. Welcoming suggestions and criticisms! 'night!