I heard the remix, so I played the game

Davos-Moon

In past few years as I've been listening to various remixes, I found some great games that I missed when I was younger. As I listened to different remixers and their work I found some great old game which have since became my favorites. (Chrono Trigger, Secret Of Mana, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, and many others). As a new member to the OCR forums my question is this.

1.Has anyone heard a mix before playing a game, and which one(s)?

2.Does anyone have suggestions on favorite games for the N64 or an earlier system

I've found my love for games in the classics, what do you suggest.

By Far, Conquers Bad Fur Day. Cant Believe you missed CT from back in the day :P Atleast you played it through,

Another game on the 64 i couldnt get enough of James bond 007. Hell when i go over to my friends, every now and then we will play it xD. Good times. Always good to re-live old memories, and make new ones.

Dave, i would like to add, this, I didnt see it before, Classics are where the Fun is. I would much rather play mario 50 times over. then play halo 3 or CoD4. or something

1) I'm here. I don't play to Metroid Prime 3 but I love the only remix of that game I can find on OCRemix.

2) I like Paper Mario, Pokémon Stadium (with yellow version on GameBoy), but you can't have a n64 without Super Smash Bros the first.

He speaks the truth, Such a great game. I sucked so bad at it :] But i didnt own it either.

I didn't know chrono trigger existed until I found the eighty bajillion remixes of it here.

Yep, same here. Its because of this site that I have SNES ROMs out the ass and I spend half of my life on an emulator. All obtained legally of course I do not condone piracy.

My suggestions are the Paper Mario Series, if youre cool you might want to try Super Mario RPG for SNES first, and the Mother (Earthbound) series Mother one was for NES and well im sure that theres a transltion for it somewhere.... Earthbound was great, and if you start now youll be finished in time for the fan translation of Mother 3 to be finished.

I am very glad that you found Secret of Mana. Its my favorite game, in case you didnt notice.

I can also safely say that I would never have played Cheetahmen II if it weren't for the music in general, with AnSo's mix getting a huge nod in particular...

Both you AND zircon were hating on that theme the first time y'all heard it, after I plugged that YouTube non-stop. Though you did laugh your ass off at how broken the game was. Of course, Cheetahmanz is one of the greatest NES themes ever made, so you couldn't "meh" on it for long.

You forum folks could also look good with our Cheetahmen avatars!

Hercules, Aries and Apollo!

cheetahmen_hercules.gifcheetahmen_aries.gifcheetahmen_apollo.gif

Yep, same here. Its because of this site that I have SNES ROMs out the ass and I spend half of my life on an emulator.

Yeah same here on that...I love my SNES emulator, my favorites so far have been Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, SoM, Lufia and The Fortress of Doom, Doom, Illusion of Gaia...not to mention the ones I grew up with, Zelda LttP, Mario RPG, Super Mario World (And Kart, and All Stars, and smw 2), Mario Paint, DK Country 1,2,3, Kirby Super Star, and Earthworm Jim 1,2.

Not to mention the countless classics of Sonic (From dreamcast and back) classic arcade, some Gamecube, a few on Wii, XBox, and Playstation...

but I'm always open to new suggestions...

I never played Chrono Cross or Xenogears until after hearing (and loving) remixes from both.

Chrono Trigger and Xenogears for me, except I still haven't played either. Whoops. I actually own Chrono Trigger and haven't played it. Double whoops.

Chrono Trigger and Xenogears for me, except I still haven't played either. Whoops. I actually own Chrono Trigger and haven't played it. Double whoops.

Like, the original snes cart?

Since you're not using it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. PM me and I'll giv eyou my address and paypal you whatever it will cost to ship it.

EDIT: getting back to the subject, I'm working on a mix of "Bloody Tears" from Castlevania 2, and I've never even heard the original.

Like, the original snes cart?

Since you're not using it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. PM me and I'll giv eyou my address and paypal you whatever it will cost to ship it.

EDIT: getting back to the subject, I'm working on a mix of "Bloody Tears" from Castlevania 2, and I've never even heard the original.

Nah it's the Playstation re-release, unfortunately. Oh yeah, Radical Dreamers I haven't played, but I love the remix project that got released. Scar Sealing Girl is actually my favorite from the project.