Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360

Halt

That segment starting with that eye-toy crap through Lips was beginning to make Microsoft look like the worst press conference ever...until FF13. man... Talk about a SAVE. I'm all about of bricks to shat.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was wondering why everyone was so hyped up about Lips and I was wondering how MS was going to counter some of the strong PS3 exclusives and I got my answer: by making them a wee bit less exclusive.

Eh, oh well. It's not like Microsoft is actually selling the 360 well anywhere but in America, hehe. (Although I'm not sure about Europe, last I heard it wasn't selling too well there, but I don't pay too much attention to it)

I've got my PS3, I'm very happy with it regardless, and here's hoping we all enjoy the game when it comes out. :)

And I don't see a snowball's chance in hell of MGS4 ever being ported to the 360, not while it only supports standard DVD format.

And I don't see a snowball's chance in hell of MGS4 ever being ported to the 360, not while it only supports standard DVD format.

News flash: Nobody cares about games with multiple cds.

Mark my words, MGS4 IS coming to the 360 one day.

Also this is the happiest day in a string of nothing but happy days.

Is it possible to die from too much happiness?

News flash: Nobody cares about games with multiple cds.

Mark my words, MGS4 IS coming to the 360 one day.

Also this is the happiest day in a string of nothing but happy days.

Is it possible to die from too much happiness?

Not sure I'd enjoy a game that's on 11 DVD's! That's a little ridiculous, hehe. I'm just saying, if you ported it straight, it'd be somewhere around 11, maybe 12 DVD's.

But yeah, back on topic. Not trying to do the fanboy thing or anything, just...Yeah. Now we ALL get to play FFXIII, and that's a good thing, yes :)

Considering Japan hates the 360, and that Japan seems to be the market of choice for SE, I have to wonder if this is a new move towards higher international market coverage. There are more 360s in the rest of the world than in Japan, so that makes sense. And SE does seems to like publishing games on the systems that have the larger install base (see next Dragon Warrior game on DS).

Or MS just dropped a load of cash on their desk and said "FF13. 360. Now."

Not sure I'd enjoy a game that's on 11 DVD's! That's a little ridiculous, hehe. I'm just saying, if you ported it straight, it'd be somewhere around 11 DVD's.

But yeah, back on topic. Not trying to do the fanboy thing or anything, just...Yeah. Now we ALL get to play FFXIII, and that's a good thing, yes :)

Dude, of all the sony ps3 games released, I highly doubt none of them filled the entirety of a blu-ray. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting one of the biggest ones for another console, hmm? Most of the crap that we hear about blu-ray making things possible on ps3 that otherwise would be impossible on other consoles come from sony 1st and 2nd parties selling us PR bullshit. We've all seen games released in both consoles and in most cases, the xbox 360 version wins out in almost every aspect.

Besides, in this day and age, consoles that take their games and users seriously have a hard drive (FU Nintendo!). Which would make disc swapping irrelevant.

Now I'll sit and wait for the imminent release of MGS4 on x360, so I can then grab one after the price drop that has been already announced, and hope, pray that it doesn't bricks on me.

both of these are very plausible, and I wouldn't put it past MS at all.

On another note, look at Lost Odyssey. It had 4 DVDs, which nobody cares about save for the packaging, and it was that big because it had uncompressed audio and FIVE audio tracks. 4 discs = 9.8 gigs of data each = about 37 gigs of data, and being that FFXIII probably WON'T have that many audio tracks and whatnot, it might be that exact same size, so probably 4 discs.

Also again, nobody bitched about FFVII-IX being on multiple discs.

As you said, outside from 1st party titles, console war is practically over. It always boggled me why one company would like to stick to a console, because the more you spread, the more people you cover, the more units you move. Look at nintendo, they are spreading over the non-gamer and making millions, they didn't choose to support just one audience (the hardcore).

I for one I'm happy that this is where we're going. Picking a console in the future will be more of a pick between "Do I want to play the next mario, the next halo, or the next gran turismo?"

In the immortal words of Dracula

"No! This cannot be! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Well, I just bought a PS3 for FF13 and MGS4. Don't really care as every game I want to play is on both of these consoles. Too bad though, because if a game isn't a PS3 exclusive, they typically don't bother to make it use the Cell processor as well as they would have.

Um...Valkyria Chronicles is still a PS3 exclusive? Haha

Oh my god... I just checked random game forums I know, and there's this common feeling going though a lot of the obvious Sony fanboys: SE has betrayed them! They're snakes! Traitors!

Nevermind that the PS3 still gets the game, they see multi-platform releases as some sort of anti-fan thing. It's funny and horrible at the same time.

Which is the best part about all of it. Although when it comes to FF save for XI, I'm much more a fan of the console interations. I played FFVII and VIII and the PC and it was... dismal at best.

But the fact that Crystal Tools is such a great multiplatform tool anyway, it might be a good thing if they ever did that. I'm waiting for their next gen MMO myself.

I'm not so much happy about the fact that I can play it. I'm more happy about the reaction it is going to cause in the PS3 community.

I hope they all Just go "NO WAI!" It was bound to happen. I honestly never thought it would though. Now i can continue to bask in the Glory of the FF Series. I dont have to buy a PS3, i got my FF and my shooters all on one Great Consel. the 360. PS3 is awsome. but the 360 has my games. Now its complete with FF13 ;D