Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360

Halt

I just want to know one thing:

Is it fun?

Looks like it, then again I seem to be the few that actually enjoyed FFXII/Quest 64/Psychonauts and other titles that others have deemed bad but are not.

In the end the best judge on whether it's fun for you or not is yourself :)!!.

Edit: If it turns out just like "Eternal Sonata" where the 360 got the original version where as the PS3 got the enhanced with bonus stuff, including extending the game play for the same price, I'm gonna laugh real hard. :lol:

Looks like it, then again I seem to be the few that actually enjoyed FFXII/Quest 64/Psychonauts and other titles that seemed bad but are not.

In the end the best judge on whether it's fun for you or not is yourself :)!!.

Edit: If it turns out just like "Eternal Sonata" where the 360 got the original version where as the PS3 got the enhanced with bonus stuff, including extending the game play for the same price, I'm gonna laugh real hard. :lol:

Considering all the extra things they can do with all that space on the blu ray, it might happen. At least there's something going for us sony fans.

I'm game. I've been looking forward to this (without hyping) since it was announced. Seriously though, I think it will just be another JRPG. Not that it's a bad thing but the hype is getting ridiculous and Squeenix really haven't done anything cool since TWETY and that was a one-hit wonder.

haven't heard much hype about it. i mean, even N4G hasn't been posting much other than new screens lately. there's little discussion about it.

Considering all the extra things they can do with all that space on the blu ray, it might happen. At least there's something going for us sony fans.

This right here doesn't bug me. In fact, it's a lucky break that we 360 owners even get to play FFXIII. If the PS3 gets stuff that the 360 doesn't get, that's totally cool with me. It's a simultaneous launch anyway. Just give me the option for DLC in the future sometime and I'd gladly put down some green on extra stuff. Which brings me to my next point.

It's what Namco, Tecmo, and 2k Games are all doing with this whole concept of release game on one system, wait a year, and release on another system with gobs of new stuff with no way in hell for you to get amazing bonus content on first system. That shit would fly just fine in the previous generation, but shouldn't be tolerated at all anymore. I already posted about this in the 360 thread, but it seems like the whole idea of DLC is a big fiasco for a bunch of companies.

Has anyone actually played the demo here, and if so what did you think about it. From what I've read, the producer or director said that they're gonna have to sell serious amounts of the game to make money back on it(which is probably what motivated the 360 port), and quite frankly the game worries me. It's been in development for years, a lot of the excitement has dissipated, people are tired of JRPGs in general, and after FFXII(which I loved to death), crazy fans are skeptical. If this game doesn't change minds and isn't up to the hype, I think SE will be in big trouble.

The hell is wrong with you?

I meant in terms of the general public dismissing it, I actually enjoyed it :wink:

Also edited my earlier post to add in the fourth video...

Second edit: To me it seems there's a greater effort needed in defeating enemies, like stringing combo hits for more damage, reminiscent of Valkyrie Profile and Disgaea in some ways... However in a 3d free movement environment with out turns so to speak of...

Uh, there's been hype? I must be visiting the wrong parts of the internet, because I've heard no excitement other than, "Hey, it looks cool" when the occasional trailer pops out. And last I heard, it won't be out until 2010.

2010? Weird... could have sworn i heard fall 09. I guess we'll find out in time I suppose.

2010? Weird... could have sworn i heard fall 09. I guess we'll find out in time I suppose.

Yeah oddly enough Amazon has it on preorder and "supposedly" will deliver my copies of FF13 & FF:Vs-13 by December 8th and 18th of this year respectively; while wikipedia has it released in Japan by the winter of 09 where as NA/PAL regions are TBC..?

Personally, I don't really care if it is on the 360. I'm gonna get it on ps3, just because its the only console I currently have (besides my ps1 and ps2 that are collecting dust). this year (winter 09) for japan release, World Wide release for ps3/360 when it is localized. Also, from what I remember reading, There is going to be no difference in the two versions. whats in the ps3 one, is on the 360 one. DLC might be the same way, might not be. but one isn't gonna get something better then the other (at least to this point). Aside from all the sony fan-boys crying wolf and actin like babies who just got the tit pulled from their mouth, at least its coming on Ps3! be happy! you can still play it! also, FFv13 looks nice too, which is exclusive to ps3. unless otherwise changed later.

Awesome trailer.

I'm still confused as to why they call each of the games "Final Fantasy XIII" even though the games don't even share the same universe, but rather, themes and whatnot.

As for the universe, we don't know all the ties just yet.

That painting here may be of a divinty from FFXIII, and the weaponry of the antagonist of VersusXIII's hero, ressembles the one of the main character of FFXIII.

The storyline may extend between generations. And if that's the case, imagine how huge an achievement those 3 games will be.

I think they're trying to do in one episode what they did with Compilation of FFVII.

Create ramifications & emotional link to entice gamers who loved one game to play (=buy) them all.

I can already picture the enormous merchandising around that too.:mrgreen: