Mirror's Edge

Cecilff2

Just listened to the promo CD of the theme song, "Still Alive".

Comes with remixes from big names like Paul van Dyk, Armand Van Helden, and Junkie XL. :)

Oh yea game looks great. <3

Woah dude that's sweet.

Played the demo and loved it. This is looking like a definite buy for me. :)

Honestly, this is might be MY GAME OF THE YEAR for 360. I love it when a company can pull off a game that does new things in an old format. I'll admit, it takes getting use to with the timing of jumps, moves, and controls, but overall, it's looking to be a solid game, I looked at the list of achievements, and to me it doesn't look like it's that long of a game, but hey, what new game is these days? I'll definitely rent it, I wish I could buy it, but I don't really have 60 bucks to spend. Besides, Banjo Kazooie is coming out around the same time, and a $40 price tag, doesn't sound too bad (the demo was okay, but I didn't want to invest too much time into it because I want to play the full game).

Back on topic, Mirror's Edge demo, definitely worth checking out. The game itself will be something to see.

As for the motion sickness problem:

I get motion sick playing a PC FPS game for over an hour. I seriously had to go through Half-Life 2 in a much slower time than I'd like because I would be physically ill after a few hours. That being said, I played the demo back to back on my 32" about 10 feet away and had no problems. Every once in a while it made me slightly dizzy for a couple seconds, but my wife thought so too and she has an iron stomach so i think that might end up being a problem for extended plays.

As for the motion sickness problem:

I get motion sick playing a PC FPS game for over an hour. I seriously had to go through Half-Life 2 in a much slower time than I'd like because I would be physically ill after a few hours. That being said, I played the demo back to back on my 32" about 10 feet away and had no problems. Every once in a while it made me slightly dizzy for a couple seconds, but my wife thought so too and she has an iron stomach so i think that might end up being a problem for extended plays.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend extended play times. I've been playing on a new 32" inch widescreen as well (I don't mean to rub it in, my parents bought it as an apartment warming gift, but they got a 42 inch for themselves to make up for it).

Just listened to the promo CD of the theme song, "Still Alive".

Comes with remixes from big names like Paul van Dyk, Armand Van Helden, and Junkie XL. :)

Oh yea game looks great. <3

Woah dude that's sweet.

Played the demo and loved it. This is looking like a definite buy for me. :)

Yea. The theme to Mirror's Edge going into the next DJ set.

This and Little Big Planet for me, which I just played at a friend's place and enjoyed the hell out of. Dammit. I don't want to spend $400!

this post resembles me almost exactly. I played the demo and little big planet today, and holy shit, they really make me want to get a PS3

mirror's edge is great in that you really only need jump and duck for the majority of of the demo. It's like a sucessful 3D sonic game

little big planet is AMAZING with 4 other people. we all loved racing each other and making eachother disappear. then when the map stops for some dialog, we all smack each other with the arm controls

Yea. The theme to Mirror's Edge going into the next DJ set.

i love you gt

off topic, but i must say your sets have definitely helped get me into trance and house music.

Honestly, this is might be MY GAME OF THE YEAR for 360. I love it when a company can pull off a game that does new things in an old format. I'll admit, it takes getting use to with the timing of jumps, moves, and controls, but overall, it's looking to be a solid game, I looked at the list of achievements, and to me it doesn't look like it's that long of a game, but hey, what new game is these days? I'll definitely rent it, I wish I could buy it, but I don't really have 60 bucks to spend. Besides, Banjo Kazooie is coming out around the same time, and a $40 price tag, doesn't sound too bad (the demo was okay, but I didn't want to invest too much time into it because I want to play the full game).

honestly, shorter games are just better for me these days with school and whatnot. i can actually get through the game without having to worry about homework that much.

it did take getting use to getting used to the timing and controls, but i like new challenges. :<

Oh it's a lot of fun. I've been doing the time trials. It's a great mix of platforming and puzzle. The puzzle element comes in when trying to figure out the best way through a course or, in the main game, how to get yourself out of a situation (or into one). A lot of sandbox fun here, too, seeing how high you can get, or if you can reach some distant structure or some small ledge.

Really a solid gaming experience all around. And we can expect two more. I just hope the story is engaging. They have a real opportunity here to bring some heavy emotions to the characters. The setting and music is already heavily emotional, interesting because it's such a sterile world.

It's a great concept, in any case. You feel like you're in a dream most of the time you're playing. And yeah, the soundtrack is awesome. Downloaded it off of Megaupload.

I just wrapped up...

Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive (Theme to Mirror's Edge) (Paul van Dyk Remix / Global-Trance Buy This Game Intro Edit) :)

I keep playing this demo, hoping to find more rooftops to jump across.

I can't stop thinking this is some sort of portal reference even though I know it isn't.

I just wrapped up...

Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive (Theme to Mirror's Edge) (Paul van Dyk Remix / Global-Trance Buy This Game Intro Edit) :)

I keep playing this demo, hoping to find more rooftops to jump across.

:nicework:

I finally downloaded these, and this remix was awesome. Benassi's would have to be my favorite though.

Such a great theme song... So good...

I was going to start a new thread, but it seems the winds of change in this one are a'blowin' my way.

I'm trying to do a remix of Still Alive, but I can't for the fucking life of me figure out the time signature or BMP. Can anyone help? I will give you video game industry secrets!!!

Gimmie the BPM and time signature!!

Just finished the demo, ya'll. This game is going to be the shit. The sense of speed you can attain is amazing. The graphics are very nice as well, although Sephire's "uncanny valley" video basically ruined the feeling of "realism" I was trying to imagine.

The entire time through the demo I kept thinking "why couldn't 3D sonic be like this?"

Thought I'd give a link to the sample tracks online.

http://translate.google.nl/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psfocus.nl%2F2_2327_Mirror_s_Edge_soundtrack_te_downloaden.aspx&sl=nl&tl=en&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8

EDIT: Oh, wow, I finally hit Snacks N' Jaxson. o_O Shows how little I actually post. :P

Lame. Someone leaked these out to the non DJs. In terrible bitrate too.

Yup, the delay of this game for the PC means that I'll be buying a PS3 (finally). I played the demo at my friend's. It was amazing. More games need to be like this. It feels mature, yet the premise is not about killing people. If the entire game lives up to the demo, this will be my personal GotY. This and Little Big Planet were enough to sway my decision. Should I wait for Black Friday? It'll be hard for me to do that...

Oh, and Still Alive = amazing.