Nintendo E3 Press Conference

XZero

lol, I get that.

I know what Nintendo are planning with WiiMotionPlus... we'll see it at next years E3.

WiiPicted.

a drawing, painting game where you have painting precision and can share your artwork. You can make cartoons with your Miis by animating them with your own motions. The recording features will be identical to those used in the music video editor in WiiMusic. You'll be able to integrate music from WiiMusic into it and voice act through WiiSpeak too. Prolly shouldn't write this but fark I'm board and I maybe the competition will beat Nintendo to it and snap them out of this cycle.

What about an update to Mario Kart Wii where the player can sit on the balance board and shift their weight for tighter cornering. You could leap over bigger traps by performing a jump motion etc.

I'm going to be frank, here. That's an absolutely terrible idea.

But I like your sig! :smile:

While I do agree that the Nintendo conference was lacking severely, more than half the posts here are basically saying 'it sucked because they didn't announce what I wanted'.

Come on guys, grow up.

Also fuck yeah Pikmin 3

I'm pretty sure it was because they didn't really announce anything other than a few glorified tech demos and an adapter that adds a function that should have been built into the system since day one.

I can't say I'm too wowed by E3 this year, although at the very least, it's nice to know they're making another Pikmin. I always liked Pikmin, especially when they removed the annoying time constraints for Pikmin 2. That and the new Animal Crossing sounds pretty cool. I just hope it can maintain my interest for a semi-decent amount of time. As much as I liked Kirby Super Star, I can't say if I'm interested in the new one if it'll feel like I've already played it.

(sarcasm) Oh yeah, and that Wii Music thing. Now I'll finally have the musical talent to hit the remixing scene! (/sarcasm)

Oh well...even if I didn't hear news of anything too exciting at E3 (For instance, an oh-so-unlikely Skies of Arcadia sequel, if they could do it justice, would make me pass out from excitement, although that'd be Sega, not Nintendo), it looks like there's some semi-interesting stuff coming down the line and at least I've got ToS: Dawn of the New World coming up before the end of the year.

Bleck, its not a matter of saying, "it sucked because they didn't announce what I wanted". Its simply we can imagine Nintendo doing a lot better with the hardware they have and honestly the products they showed looked terribly boring. We are merely exploring the kind of things we think would've interested us, which is a lot better that just trolling on E3 and this forum.

I'm just glad that I'm enjoying GTA4 at a leisurely pace and will do the same with RE5. Stretching out a good game/story/world is one of my specialties (mostly cos I'm too busy, hehe). If the best Nintendo can do is Animal Crossing well that great but I just feel like "gimme a world I can walk around for hours and enjoy the visual beauty of the place too"! Only Super Mario Galaxy has made me enthused for Wii... apart from that I just don't feel terribly proud of having the console and it seems that a lot of guys are in the same boat... it doesn't leave a good taste in our mouths especially when the promise is there for great things. It is clear actual 'gamers' are at the back of Nintendos minds.

I was actually happy after last year's e3. I believed that the Wii Balance Board would open up a bevvy of new gameplay concepts and yeah did see the drum game happening. Great! Note that there are no pressure sensitive buttons on the Wii Remote... i honestly thought that Nintendo and thrid parties would use the new pressure sensitivity as it also frees up the thumbs.

Its been a year and not a major project. I've grown indifferent to my Wii as if it doesn't do much anymore. I'm no hater... just severly loosing interest. However, kinda happy that I don't need to spend cash :P

the conduit does seem cool, prolly not my cuppa tea anymore tho, but i am open to it.