We Started Nothing

These nation of britainsure can make music well. Along with the rest of America, I heard The Ting Tings first in the ultra-catchy Shut up and Let Me Go on an iTunes commercial. I just got a hold of their album, which recently hit the states, and I am convinced they are the best thing since sliced bread despite middling reviews. Other than the singles, "We Walk" is my favorite of the album. The repetition, catchy-ness, and unapologetic, upfront mixing of their tracks reminds me of Daft Punk in several ways, only with an Indie twist.

These nation of britainsure can make music well. Along with the rest of America, I heard The Ting Tings first in the ultra-catchy Shut up and Let Me Go on an iTunes commercial. I just got a hold of their album, which recently hit the states, and I am convinced they are the best thing since sliced bread despite middling reviews. Other than the singles, "We Walk" is my favorite of the album. The repetition, catchy-ness, and unapologetic, upfront mixing of their tracks reminds me of Daft Punk in several ways, only with an Indie twist.

The Ting Tings are alright. If you want to listen to some other similar indie rock artists, check out Cajun Dance Party, The Blow, Eux Autres, The Do, The Headlights, Born Ruffians, Tapes n' Tapes, Tokyo Police Club...

I'm not sure about them. They're getting a lot of publicity, but I don't see what for. They're catchy, yes, but at this early stage, they're being played to death on the radio. I want to like them, but the overexposure could end up harming them in the long-term, making me hate them as much as I hate Viva La Vida from Coldplay. And for the record, I own 3 Coldplay albums (VLV included), so it's not a biased comparison by any means.

I liked the part of that one song they played in the iPod adds, but when I went to listen to the whole thing, it was pretty boring. So, it turned out, was the rest of the album.

They're probably a group I wouldn't mind hearing at someone else's place or party, or going to see with friends at a relatively cheap show, but I wouldn't listen to them myself.