OCR01732 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Mamacitas in My Valley"

djpretzel

The opening is deceptive, in a good way. LOVE the brass in here. Great use of it.

Great style for this mix, it makes a wonderful transition. Everything fits together very well, very finesse.

I like the almost 'Final Fantasy Prelude' feel at 2:13. The adaption of the melody is really good there.

The ending is a bit ubrupt, but overall nice work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I enjoyed this remix, the subtle piano opening meshes well with the brass in the beginning, and even though I'm not that big a fan of hip-hop the beat was quite fascinating.

My favorite part would have to be the long bridge near the middle of the track, it's inspiring when remixers place long segments of music drawn from themselves rather than from the game.

I hate to be such a sheep here but the ending is... ookkaaayyy, when it cuts out it sounds kinda cool, but I think having a more solid ending would have been nice.

Either way, great job, excellent remix.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mix starts out as one big fake-out after another, first with the piano and then the Latin section, but once you get the hip-hop beats going this really becomes the defining Gerudo Valley mix on OCR, in my opinion. Props for pulling off the claps in a way that doesn't annoy me, that seems to be a hard thing to do :tomatoface:

I'm a huge fan of all your work, Diggi Dis, but this one feels like one of the most polished and overall quality works you've put out in a while! Highly recommended, don't let the genres turn you off if you happen to not be a fan of Latin or Hip-Hop ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For most of the song, the spanish guitar bored me very much. Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to it. :sad:

It picked up towards the end, though! That jumping bass synth helped it along somehow, with the way they play off each other.

The great thing about this track was the rest of the stuff. And I mean ALL the other stuff, which included many sounds that usually feel...over-relied upon: claps, string stabs, hip-hop beats. But the thing is, the ethnic elements that were added to them kept them all daisy-fresh. And it goes the other way around, too! For example, the "Kill Bill" trumpets felt a little cheesy, but once the harp started playing quietly in the background: all was good. Except the spanish guitar lead, still.

Perhaps the problem was sample quality, as OA mentioned, or maybe (my first guess) it needed some other sounds to play off of it more.

From where it came in until towards the end, it felt quite isolated as the lead with all the other elements fading to waaaay in the background for a while.

The sheer arrangement: was awesome. Yet a lot of it went unnoticed the first time I listened to it. Like, the string stabs smooth out later in the song, letting stuff relax a bit as it was getting uptight somehow.

In any case, mamacitas should stay in the valley and party ALL NIGHT (as stuff staying in "my valley" and "partying ALL NIGHT" would have a totally different meaning o__o).

Anyway, it'd be an awesome party: the kind with the hip-hop dance floor where individuals show their moves, awesome drinks and other flavors, and EVERYBODY WEARS HATS...Don't ask me why. :dstrbd:

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01732 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Mamacitas in My Valley"