OCR00319 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Kakariko Rave Party"

Saunders

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'Kakariko Rave Party'

Happy! I guess this is what Rave is all about or something, but whatever, this is a fun, happy, fun remix of the Kakariko town theme from Zelda Link to the Past. It even makes a lazy slob like almost want to get up and dance. Almost.

Get it. Listen to it at least once to see if "it's yer thang." I certainly enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

This is an awsome happy hardcore-ish remix of a familiar Zelda theme that just kicks ass! I think it could use a little more treble in parts, but I really love this song.... and by the way, that "Come On" sample is actually from Nirvana's Kurt Cobain, if you didn't figure it out!

• 6 months later...

Nice. A very light, floaty remix of a popular, familiar Zelda theme. This is a very "retro" remix, using 808 and 909 style drums, and a 303-ish techno synth. Also notable is the "Come ooon!" voice sample of none other than Kurt Cobain. Excellent usage of that sound, which is usually heard following a rapid 808 BD line of 16th notes. The general uppidy style of this song, combined with all kinds of cool 808, 909, and 303 sounds come togther to make an excellent remix that should appeal to most techno and Zelda fans. Dig it.

• 1 month later...

Good stuff, I fig it homeyGz...

AND NOW THE GLORY IS COMING!!! TAKE A LOOK TO THE LEFT AT MY INFO, IT'S OMING!!! AND NOW THE GLORY IS COMING!!! TAKE A LOOK TO THE LEFT AT MY INFO, IT'S OMING!!! AND NOW THE GLORY IS COMING!!! TAKE A LOOK TO THE LEFT AT MY INFO, IT'S OMING!!! AND NOW THE GLORY IS COMING!!! TAKE A LOOK TO THE LEFT AT MY INFO, IT'S OMING!!! AND NOW THE GLORY IS COMING!!! TAKE A LOOK TO THE LEFT AT MY INFO, IT'S OMING!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Kye-U's Thoughts:

---------------------

0:02 - Fun Begins

0:13 - Beats start

0:22 - Accelerando

0:32 - Theme starts

0:36 - Hardcore techno beats

1:03 - Togetherness

1:16 - Light side portion

1:27 - HEAVEN

1:42 - Chime-sounds

1:54 - Kickass buildup

2:06 - "Come On" (Not too fond of this)

2:20 - HEAVEN with theme

2:32 - Cool off period

2:52 - Recession

2:59 - Beginning of the end

---------------------

This song is the best. Period. I've successfully infested all my school's computers with this song. This song is setting new goals for me, and I want to do something, but I don't know what it is... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You know, as much as I see a lot of the others here with the "I like it" and "It's happy", I just don't like it.

I listen to a lot of rave to keep me interested in a lot of the work I do on my computer. Granted, I've never attempted to make my own, I appreciate the hard work that goes into taking time to do something like this. Super job on Zeratul's part.

But this is a case of where the song should have been left alone. The upbeatness of Rave should have never been mixed with the calm, soothing melody of the Kakariko theme. It just doesn't mix. It's like oil and water.

Granted, this might be the fanboy in me for such a great game. But I just can't get into it.

And all the sweet sounds and things that truly make the song a rave--done before. It sounds just so....generic. As if they're reused riffs and techniques from other techno classics.

I'm not devaluing Zeratul's ability as a remix artist. It's just that, well...this song sucks to listen to.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

An old school synth kickback using zelda 3's source is an idea with potential, but i'm just not feeling this one. The nirvana sample is at a frequency where when it plays (thankfully only twice throught the course of the song), it grabs your full attention, and then when it's done, leaves you with nothing.

The variation is also lacking, and though there are a few nice buildup sections and a breakdown, they are both based on the same melody as the main section.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Alright, I'll say what a lot of people seem to have been saying. I'm sorry, I don't particularly like it.

HOWEVER- Many people are neglecting to give credit where it is due. I do think this is well done. Nicely put together. It's just that anyone who is familiar with the game, and the piece, already has such a firm remembrance of a quiet, peaceful village, that it makes this difficult to accept.

• 8 months later...

This song was among the first I listened to when I found this place. I took it everywhere with me on the 'net, and learned to associate this song with some of my favorite sites, a habit that carries to this day. Aside from happy memories six years ago, this song is still among some of the best that I've heard. Kudos, rave man.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00319 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Kakariko Rave Party"