Dead Rising for Wii

The Damned

I got to play Dead Rising for the 360 at a friends place some time ago, and I liked it a bit. I just couldn't validate the expense of another system I might end up not using very often for one game. Combine that with the rather high failure rate of the 360, and it seemed unlikely that I would bother getting a 360.

This might be worth getting now, as it's for a system I already own.

I friggin' LOVE Dead Rising on the 360. My roommate in college had it and I've missed playing it since I graduated. I have a Wii, so this is good news. As long as the game doesn't suffer playability issues from the downgrade in hardware this is a "FRICKIN' SOLD" when it comes out.

Personally, I thought Capcom did an excellent job on the Wii ports of RE4 and Okami. Plus, I can finally play this game without going over to my friends house or buying a 360.

Well, that's all well and good, but there's a significant difference: whereas RE4 and Okami were moving to better technology, Dead Rising is moving to a much weaker console. We'll have to wait and see what suffers most from it, but something's gonna be downgraded. Like Atmuh said, we need to see the game in action to know for sure(but, we generally need to for any game, right?).

Still, this is pretty neat; I always wanted to play this, but fear of the RROD, combined with not getting my own 360 til well after the game was released made me overlook it. New weapons, enemies, and all that good stuff never hurts. I might grab this. My Wii needs something, it's been rotting in a corner since I got bored with Smash Bros. And outside of ToS:Dawn of the New World, there really hasn't been anything to look forward too, IMO.

Also, gotta tone down the difficulty for the casuals, eh?

While most of us have played Dead Rising already, seeing pics of this new version it's pretty impressive how well Capcom has recreated the game to look as close to the original as possible. It's not identicle but it is sporting some nice visuals and I'm sure it'll give the game a chance to expand before the eventual sequel comes around. I hope though they really fix the saving system. Pissed the hell out of me in the original.

You guys are saying that Capcom has announced it'll be "easier"... I don't see that anywhere. I see "no more crappy be-here-at-a-certain-time-but-oh-wait-actually-get-here-and-then-fight-a-boss-in-time-but-you're-too-late-to-do-that-so-please-replay-the-entire-story-again missions". Which is good. And no photo mode? Eh, not a huge loss. If that's what it takes to bring it to Wii, so be it.