Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

I saw the first episode the other day, it's really slow, and Doogie Howser looks a little worse for wear, but it really picks up when Nathan Fillion jumps in. I'll check out the 2nd one when I get home from work. I hope for a dramatic improvement in the overall story (instead of a 6 minute mono-blog from Doogie) in Act II. However if you don't catch it by the 20th don't worry since on the site Whedon says he'll release it on DVD at some point in the future.

It starts out kind of slow (the "video blog" portion feels forced and awkward - just like most video blogs, I suppose, haha) but once the first song starts it really picks up.

Only other complaint is that Penny (played by the awesome Felicia Day from The Guild) is kind of a one-dimensional character.

Other than that, I'm absolutely loving it, and can't wait for Act 3. And really, how could I say no to anything with Nathan Fillion in it?

Saw Act II last night, it DEFINITELY picked up after the slow start in the first. Nathan Fillion could be such a jerk if he really wanted to :D

Dialogue's better, feels less forced even when Dr. Horrible does his 'blog' entries, I like the intermixed parts of the dual-core "Becoming more evil/Rapturous" piece, I can't wait till the 3rd part comes out now. Hopefully the 3rd part will be long enough to justify getting this on DVD at some point in the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
CRIKEY, MATES! USE THE OCR AMAZON STORE!

Wait, how does it work? I thought it just meant you were a seller. Sucks since I just bought all of my Christmas gifts from regular amazon...

Wouldn't mind if it came with the soundtrack, too.

The soundtrack is available on itunes and amazon. Buy it, and love it.

That was awesome. I have to say, I've recently thought Joss Whedon has been slightly overrated (I mean Firefly was outstanding, but otherwise?) but this made me realize how good he really can be. Also, I have a huge man-crush on Nathan Fillion... He's just so awesome.

...Anywho... To the people who have been reluctant to see it: Its not god's gift to man, but it really is pretty excellent, especially considering what it has to compete with.

The best thing about it is that it was funded entirely by cast and crew. No production studio had its hands on this whatsoever. The actors involved weren't even initially paid for their contributions, if I remember correctly.

So, yeah, awesome. And yeah, I'm in agreement with Hy Bound here. If I were a woman, I'd be part of Nathan Fillion's trio of groupies in the third part of this.