Rhythm Heaven

Dhsu

I'm just tired of seeing music games based around rhythm. As a drummer, I'm pretty damn good at it.

Now what if there were a music game which relied on tonality? You had to play, sing, or otherwise produce the harmonically correct pitch or scale dergree, or something.

I suppose this means we're totally ignoring the whole Rock Band / Sing Star / Karoke Revolution thing, right?

Either way, I think pitch and tone something a lot of people just might never get, even with practice. Or...at least get over a LONG period of time as opposed to something that's rhthym based.

Also: I know a LOT of IRL drummers that can't play Rock Band's drums worth shit...

I've played trumpet for over 12 years now, I did marching band for 4 of those, I've had a love for music my whole life (oh...and I'm not a white person. Does that still count for rhythm?), I'd say rhythm is pretty much embedded into my being, but I wouldn't say that it's made me so good at rhythm based games that I simply can't find them enjoying anymore. I'd infact say if gives me a slight, if any, edge on non-musicians.