guitar tone at high pitches

I've been playing around with Prominy (clean) and some distortion plugins (Wagner sharp, keFIR). I can get a pretty decent sound for lower-range stuff, but at higher pitches, I can't seem to get a "thick", substantial sound, if that makes any sense. A good example of what I'm trying to achieve is in Sixto/Steppo/zircon's Passing of the Blue Crown (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01723/), around 2:50 to 3:35. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Oh yeah, and I know next to nothing about electric guitars :D

holy shit that is a piercing noise. Is this an acoustical library you are feeding through the distortion?

Hmm I looked at the prominy website and it looks like they also are using these clean samples through guitar rig.

I don't know what to say. I really have no idea. Is this library like a DI signal from a guitar pre-effects? If so, I would say find a better guitar chain than wagner sharp and the impulse you are using. Try some mesa boogie 2x12 impulses maybe. Sorry i am not much help.

Maybe you have the distortion turned up too high? Can you send an mp3 of it without wagner preamp?

I thought this Prominy LPC thing was supposed to sound real...?

Anyway, you fail so badly at understanding what a certain instrument can and can't do. You can't play harmonies like that, they'll distort. Playing a harmonic lead passage like that needs to be played on two separate guitar tracks. For a clean lead sound, your guitar must be played in a monophonic nature, meaning one note at a time, otherwise you'll get shitty sounding shit like you have there.

You gotta know SOMETHING about guitars before you bootleg a 70gb piece of software ;)

The same way people fill a 100gb mp3 player.

I think there's enough people doing it that it is fairly unlikely to get punished for it as a hobbyist -- does not make it any less illegal. However, studio producers have been caught using illegal vsts and what not.

Do what you want, but if you are making commercial music, you damn well better be buying everything legally. If you are just twitsing around with a guitar library you have no idea how to use, I don't see the harm in having obtained it illegally other than that it is illegal by definition. However it is still illegal so I wouldn't suggest doing something like that. There is plenty of free and budget stuff to learn with.