Soul Calibur IV

Wacky

I'm scared of the news that Yoda is completely broken since you can't throw him or hit him with horizontal strikes. So basically 90% of serious Soul Calibur players will probably stay with Yoda online.

So I came back from Comic Con having played this for like 20 minutes. While I enjoyed the gameplay, I feel that Injin does make a good point. I could not for the life of me hit Yoda effectively with many of the characters. I'm sure there's a way to play against him and that he's not an extremely broken character but it was pretty annoying.

I could not for the life of me hit Yoda effectively with many of the characters. I'm sure there's a way to play against him and that he's not an extremely broken character but it was pretty annoying.

Oh god the gamers are gonna feel this one :lol:

The imminent shitstorm of yoda as a broken character breaking SCIV is upon us. :lol:

I haven't played alot with yoda but I know that

1.) he is completely immune to just about every throw, since his hit box is below the default grab height

2.) His grab range is incredible, since he literally jumps at you for a grab

3. Most horizontals go above him, relegating you to all lows or verticals

Yoda has some severe disadvantages too, like at a certain distance, he's actually quite cumbersome. He relies upon his insane air combos and close range to do significant damage. But still... with all his default characteristics, he's uniquely challenging

But he's still shit compared to the Apprentice. That's the n-word you all should be looking out for.

Yeah, I'm sure that nobody at Bamco thought about Yoda's height causing problems...

He'll be just fine. Anyone with a shred of skill will take care of Yoda, just like any other character they fight against.

Just picked up this game today, and I couldn't be happier!

Eh, it doesn't matter. The general consensus is that soulcal's new online mode is awful. And I don't mean it's options. I mean the connectivity is poop-dick.

It's not like lag where you see your guy jitter and shimmy and shake. Everything *looks* fine, but 66% of your inputs feels like they're being ignored. So you get whole matches of people doing their vert-vert or horiz-horiz attacks ALL the time and blocking nothing.

Just terrible online architecture

Wow. Really? Thank you, oh ceaseless font of wisdom.

It's what I do. :-D

But seriously, everyone I've talked to who owns the game have said that it's been relatively smooth, which leaves me to believe that a less-than-stellar connection isn't gonna provide the best experience. I'm not saying it's not their fault for not taking that into account however.