Soul Calibur IV

Wacky

I'm getting REALLY annoyed with playing rated matches where my attacks land a SOLID SECOND after I press the fricken buttons. It hasn't happened to me often, but when it does...........

I'm tired of losing to terrible people because of fricken lag

welcome to atmuhs smash bros life

although i dont lose to terrible people ever

I've played online with a co-worker, both of us with decent connections, in the same AREA CODE, and the things still played like shit.

Where are your obvious and forgettable facts now? Hmmm? HMMM!?!?!?!?

Don't have a period over his head.

But ya, the online play is a bit ridiculous.

wtf no

Look again at the position of 4 on a clockface and tell me it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it's 4 as on a keypad.

So that would be Back-B.

I thought that might be it.

Question, why is the AI in this game so inconsistent? Sometimes a TOLS floor gives me hell, but on my very next try it's pretty simple to overcome. Bipolar much, SC4? :?

So I played around 30 online matches, and I wonder where all the gripe is coming from. Maybe I just have a good connection or something because I even got around to guard-parrying 10 times in one match without a problem. Also, only 5 of the 30 matches had any disturbing/noticeable lag. I had a lot of fun playing online and coming across freakish create a soul characters.

My only gripes with the whole game:

- Everything is slower. Soul Calibur 2 had it perfect and now it's a crawl. Talim feels just as slow as Nightmare...

- Not as many extras. No real biography/story feature, no quest mode, barely the fraction of the great artwork you could find in Soul Calibur 1 (seriously, why are there lesser and lesser artwork in the games? SC1 had the most, SC2 had fewer, SC3 fewer, SC4 fewer still).

- Music is pretty much atrocious. I can't hum a single tune basically. Again, Soul Calibur 2 basically was the epitome as far as the music goes.

- Everything is pretty garish in design. Too many bold colors, overly designed outfits and the boss has none of the refined style you get from most boss characters. Actually, Namco fighting game bosses are almost always garish and silly looking.

Other than that, I haven't really played anything this polished in a while. At least since DOA4 and Virtua Fighter 5.

Guy seriously I use a pulse-type phone stop discriminating against my brand of technology how an I supposed to understand this reference?

But it's the only discernible numerical note you can have for directions other than the airplane clock directions which would just make things more complicated. I think thy were using the numerical directions since the earlier SNK fighting games since they relied on such complex moves. And it stuck for all fighting game move notations.

anyone who actually plays games on a cell phone needs to be melted

What about Tetris? Is that allowed?

- Everything is slower. Soul Calibur 2 had it perfect and now it's a crawl. Talim feels just as slow as Nightmare...

Too true. While I don't personally find it to be a big deal, it's an ever-present peeve. It's screwing up some of my Apprentice combos!

- Not as many extras. No real biography/story feature, no quest mode, barely the fraction of the great artwork you could find in Soul Calibur 1 (seriously, why are there lesser and lesser artwork in the games? SC1 had the most, SC2 had fewer, SC3 fewer, SC4 fewer still).

While this is a shame, it makes sense. Only the truly hardcore fans would appreciate artwork and the like. Since that audience is small, Bamco figured that the effort wouldn't generate enough praise from consumers. It just wasn't worth it to them.

- Music is pretty much atrocious. I can't hum a single tune basically. Again, Soul Calibur 2 basically was the epitome as far as the music goes.

I'm pretty sure that I heard a couple of SC2 songs in a few stages. Other than that, the new music is quite forgettable. I think we're better off finding SC2 songs on websites and putting them in the game ourselves. Either that, or other good songs (like metal or something).

Please explain this "4B" business. I'm not familiar with the terminology.

The explanations given so far are correct -- reference your keypad. The reason to give numerical directions is quite simple, if you look at Ivy's Calamity Symphony throw:

Using standard notation, one describes how to perform it as Down/Forward-Down-Down/Back-Back-Down/Forward-Up/Forward-Down/Back A+G.

With numbers, it becomes 3214391A+G. Much easier to read, really. And whoever posted earlier about this being a big problem with SNK fighters is correct -- some of those desperation moves from the old days are damn near impossible to do.

just got the game yesterday, did a quick practice with Xianghua and ran through Arcade real quick. So far i love it. Not as fast as 1&2 but i still enjoyed it alot. I havent played the series in a long time so it will take me some time to get good again with it. I have it for PS3 and ill post my PSN name when i set it up. Ill prob get my ass kicked but you have to learn some how!

Using standard notation, one describes how to perform it as Down/Forward-Down-Down/Back-Back-Down/Forward-Up/Forward-Down/Back A+G.

With numbers, it becomes 3214391A+G. Much easier to read, really.

No actually is the word number '3' and the word 'Down' had a contest in which they determined which word was most similar to 'Down' I am pretty sure 'Down' would win

Not to mention if this is a cellphone keypad then why is 3 Down

So, does anyone think the new music DLC from the original SoCal is worth it? Or are we better off procuring that soundtrack thru other means.

What music are you listening to during SC4? I haven't decided to replace the regular tracks with my 360's mp3s just yet.

Hey, does anybody know any moves that can chain into Astaroth's 28B+G air-grab powerbomb? The only ones I've found so far are the standard 3 ~ 28B+G and the command throw 63214 B+G ~ 28B+G. But the move is just so awesome that I want more ways to do it!

Also, anybody know if it's possible to nail The Apprentice with it during his levitating tricks?

So, does anyone think the new music DLC from the original SoCal is worth it? Or are we better off procuring that soundtrack thru other means.

What music are you listening to during SC4? I haven't decided to replace the regular tracks with my 360's mp3s just yet.

The total soundtrack pricing comes to around $15. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me, when the costume DLC is only 100 points ($2 or so?).

Also, this game is so much fun even when losing badly to opponents online. Just playing a foil that is.

NO ONE FROM HAS MESSAGED ME TO GET BEAT BY THE PIDE PIPER OF SOUL CALIBUR YET!

n68127105_35421673_1313.jpg

I was so happy with my R. Kelly, and I've been googling "R. Kelly Soul Calibur" to see if anything while popup on the internet, adn then I found this.

Either I'm unoriginal by accident, or they got wind of mine :(, either way, mine was made 2 days before that article AND HE'LL ALWAYS BEEN ORIGINAL TOO ME.

Mine looks better too :(

Seriously though, fight me. My thirst for Soul Calibur competition is insatiable.