Soul Calibur IV

Wacky

What makes you say that?

there's the possibility of other jedi being DLC and Obi-Wan is badass

On a different note, I never felt the need to include Obi-Wan in the "Bad*** Jedi" category. I just don't see it.

see the thing about obi-wan is that he's quiet and unimposing which is also what happens to be his greatest asset

nobody expects him to really do anything but then bam pow he fucks you right up

he beat darth maul, a killing machine who spent his whole life training do murder jedi

he beat general grievous, who on a separate occasion singlehandedly defeated five jedi at once

he beat anakin skywalker, whom pretty much all the jedi said was the chosen one and as such was nigh undefeatable

if it weren't for mace windu, obi-wan kenobi would win the jedi award for 'most bad-ass motherfucker'

there's the possibility of other jedi being DLC and Obi-Wan is badass

orly? That's not what the Soul Calibur director is saying.

...Specifically, Sasaki responded "we don't have any plans for that" when asked by XCN if we'd ever see both characters from a galaxy far, far away battling each other on the same console.

And HE'S talking about not even putting Yoda and Vader on the same console, let alone Obi-Wan.

Besides the likelihood of a DLC of THAT MAGNITUDE just isn't all that feasible. They'd either have to already exist somewhere in the games code, or ALL systems would have to patched. Not to mention the balancing that'd have to be done for that 1 character.

Oh, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5mgc2O1TTc

Like I said before, the amount of effort it would take to put a WHOLE other character into the roster is just ridiculous, and even if they DID put him in, he'd just be a clone of someone else like all the existing "bonus" characters...and for that, why not just make him yourself. Isn't that THE POINT of create a character?

Who needs another light saber holding character that can't break any armor off or customize at all anyway?

he'd just be a clone of someone else like all the existing "bonus" characters...and for that, why not just make him yourself. Isn't that THE POINT of create a character?

I tried and then I discovered you can't make a custom Jedi

gimme Obi-Wan as a clone of someone except with a lightsaber and I'd be happy

On a different note, I never felt the need to include Obi-Wan in the "Bad*** Jedi" category. I just don't see it.

You should go read Star Wars: Episode 3 the novel. Not only does it make the movie look like the giant steaming pile of filth that it is, but it also turns every character who had no personality into an interesting, flawed, unique person that had their part on the story.

And plus it shows you why Obi-Wan is awesome.

But yeah, I'd like to think that they'd include more characters as DLC but I'm just not seeing it yet.

I'd hope that Namco does make everyone downloadable in the end, because providing Vader to 360 and Yoda to PS3 as DLC would be like, free money for them. To not do it after a half a year or so would be foolish.

Lizzie is sick, he was sick in SCIII too. He used to be my main and I should probably pick him up again.. but then again I don't think his new stance is all that good, he's very vulnerable in it and the moves you can do from it isn't all that worth it. The mix-ups however makes him ace.

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in regard to his roll. Just lock on B+K as your right shoulder button, low sweep with 1K (Hold that K so you automatically go into stance after you sweep enemies, whom almost NEVER block low, so it should be safe), then just mash B+K shoulder button. 90% of the times, they won't be able to do anything. And you can mix it up with an A-slash and keep at it until enemies go out of the ring. It's so abusable, it's insane. I'd say about 95% of players I did that against couldn't do anything but eat insane amount of continuous damage or go out the ring. It's so cheap, I feel sorry for them.

I might almost say that the Lizard stance might be the strongest stance in the whole game. Even beyond Yoshimitsu's helicopter and whatever stances Yun Seung and Maxi uses. The continuous 20-win streaks I get online is proof that the Lizard stance works. Against anyone.

I'd hope that Namco does make everyone downloadable in the end, because providing Vader to 360 and Yoda to PS3 as DLC would be like, free money for them. To not do it after a half a year or so would be foolish.

It's not just a possibility, but its an inevitability. Just watch. That blank spot in the roster will be filled up soon.

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in regard to his roll. Just lock on B+K as your right shoulder button, low sweep with 1K (Hold that K so you automatically go into stance after you sweep enemies, whom almost NEVER block low, so it should be safe), then just mash B+K shoulder button. 90% of the times, they won't be able to do anything. And you can mix it up with an A-slash and keep at it until enemies go out of the ring. It's so abusable, it's insane. I'd say about 95% of players I did that against couldn't do anything but eat insane amount of continuous damage or go out the ring. It's so cheap, I feel sorry for them.

I might almost say that the Lizard stance might be the strongest stance in the whole game. Even beyond Yoshimitsu's helicopter and whatever stances Yun Seung and Maxi uses. The continuous 20-win streaks I get online is proof that the Lizard stance works. Against anyone.

I think it's because no one is used to Lizardman. But then again I might be wrong, I'll have to meet one before I form an opinion :/

I think voldo's facing away stance is the strongest btw :3

Yeah, it's as if I'm the only GOOD Lizardman in the entire online world, which should be false. But out of maybe 350 matches now, nobody even scratched the depth to which I was able to use Lizzy.

Voldo's stance is really good too, but a bit involving and you can't really spam it too much before the opponent learns to back away. The thing with the roll&slash from the crawl is that you do it so fast, even if they anticipate it, they're already getting tossed out of the ring or their health goes down to around 20% before they can retaliate. Also, Lizardman's normal moves have so much buffs and stuns and come out quick, you should have no problems beating enemies normally as long as you can keep everything within his relatively stubby reach.

The crazy thing was that for the first 25 or so times I used Lizardman, I usually got beaten. Very badly. Perfects here, easy ring outs there. Then I discovered the Lizard crawl and I probably beat 95% of opponents with Lizardman, and if they get caught in my rolling attack, that probability is actually even higher.

Yeah, it's as if I'm the only GOOD Lizardman in the entire online world, which should be false. But out of maybe 350 matches now, nobody even scratched the depth to which I was able to use Lizzy.

Voldo's stance is really good too, but a bit involving and you can't really spam it too much before the opponent learns to back away. The thing with the roll&slash from the crawl is that you do it so fast, even if they anticipate it, they're already getting tossed out of the ring or their health goes down to around 20% before they can retaliate. Also, Lizardman's normal moves have so much buffs and stuns and come out quick, you should have no problems beating enemies normally as long as you can keep everything within his relatively stubby reach.

The crazy thing was that for the first 25 or so times I used Lizardman, I usually got beaten. Very badly. Perfects here, easy ring outs there. Then I discovered the Lizard crawl and I probably beat 95% of opponents with Lizardman, and if they get caught in my rolling attack, that probability is actually even higher.

Sounds like I should pick up Lizardman yet again :)

It's not just a possibility, but its an inevitability. Just watch. That blank spot in the roster will be filled up soon.

The director of Soul Calibur for Namco has pretty much flat-out said there's no plans to do that.

I'm not saying he isn't lying out his ass I'm just noting that it could go either way.

You and everybody else are better off ignoring that. As with what happened with the "exclusive" Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4, so shall the "exclusive" Star Wars Characters switch consoles. Not only that, but Namco has a track record for coming up with ludicrous amounts of DLC that's most likely locked in the disc already (see Beautiful Katamari).

And even if all of the above didn't happen, who else would you believe goes right next to Yoda/Vader on the roster? And why in the world has a single person not already unlocked that character yet?

It just doesn't make sense, unless you consider Vader/Yoda becoming DLC. As I said before, It's an inevitability.

Well i rented this for my 360 tpday and so far im pretty pleased with it. Im really enjoying playing as my own custom char with taki's moves, but is it odd i rarely use her weapon? Ive gotten pretty proficient at using her kick combos... Im a little dissapoonted in the games balance though. Button mashers and single swing spammers are a pain.

Or you know.. Guard then attack with a fast one. Or the fast revival attack or quick-guard and Ukemi and other techniques.

I think spammers are mostly pretty easy. People think my Lizardman rolling is spamming but they don't know how to block it. Their fault. But some spammers like the typical Rapahel/Amy spammers are a pain in the ass because everything they do is quick on recovery.

And I think I just fought against one of the best online players on the 360 and his rank was around 66. He parried a ton of moves, did a lot of unexpected unblockable attack combos and went back to back with me on a lot of dangerous moves (with my best Lizardman, no less). I'm just happy I was able to deal 30% damage on the player for each of the rounds. I don't know if I want to play the very best players like that again. Too deflating. It's like a minor leaguer facing a major leaguer.

this has always been a problem for the soul series; it is easily circumvented by learning how to guard impact

Ya.... I should work on that. lol. Im just really digging the taki style, even if I just lead with kicks because if I land my first hit I can make it into a massive combo of joy. I just need to finish fixing my internet so I can actually play online on my own console...