Mega Man 7: 8-bit version

NeoForte

Umm, yes? The SNES version of MM7 was mediocre at best, while it should have been a classic. It works a lot better as a NES version. MM8 was released on totally wrong console. Megaman X -series blows after X3 (though that has nothing to do with the platforms they are available). I'm sorry, but those are my opinions.

you are an idiot on two counts

one is that mm7 was the best of the classic series by far

two is that mmx4 is the best x game by far

no .

In terms if of level design and the general playability is concerned, 3 is very much indeed the best designed and built classic game out there.

while 7 has more production values, it wasn't nearly as well laid out and there is nothing special or creative from any of its levels. The art got better, the rush thing was very much improved. but the "search" item felt mostly tacked on.

there were maybe 3 times in the game you actually wanted to use the thing, and none of the items you could find were only though search.

as far as the X series ares concerned, imo, 2 and 3 are tied for best in X. The X series really started to suck the moment the made Zero a playable character full time. 5 > 4 > 8 > 6 > 7

yeah 5 was more fun than 4 was. 4 was loaded with instagib powers when you attack bosses, combined with the easiest fights and shortest levels. sure there are a few hard fights, mainly Dragoon, and 2nd form sigma (as zero)

but the challange just is not attached to any X post 2 really.

if ever they follow suit on a "retro" X9, they need to get rid of all the bullshit characters, and get back to X, and X only. Multiple armor upgrades, fine, but no more fucking axl. I can handle more Zero if they change him back to the way he was X/X2

as to underail, the 8bit mm7 game was is pretty good, played a bunch of the levels, but the only thing that truly irks me about it is the maximum of 2 simultaenous inputs.

(ie. charge+forward, jump+forward) not being able to charge, move forward and jump really sucks.

just imagine how much a game from today would suck if you could only do 2 things at the same time, but there are actually 8 or 9 buttons. (hell in metroid prime i can think of doing 6 things at once.. charge,run,jump,turn,aim/lock,shoot

as to underail, the 8bit mm7 game was is pretty good, played a bunch of the levels, but the only thing that truly irks me about it is the maximum of 2 simultaenous inputs.

(ie. charge+forward, jump+forward) not being able to charge, move forward and jump really sucks.

This is an issue with your keyboard, not the game.

Man, who knew that a downgrade could be so much fun! Now I know why Mega Man 9 is gonna be 8-bit. This is great. I'm loving the oldschool challenge.

Also, thank goodness for the Z/X swap and the higher resolution options. I might not have given this game a chance without them!

Nobody mentioned that the password system uses the A and S keys on the keyboard. I had to mash the buttons myself until I found them. Anybody think that maybe the old SNES passwords would work on this version?

you are an idiot on two counts

one is that mm7 was the best of the classic series by far

two is that mmx4 is the best x game by far

Oh I'm an idiot for having opinions? I could say the same thing to you, because actually it's mm3 that's best in the classic series, and mmx in the x series. So in other words, f*** you man.

Oh I'm an idiot for having opinions? I could say the same thing to you, because actually it's mm3 that's best in the classic series, and mmx in the x series. So in other words, f*** you man.

Ignore Atma, it's all you can do. Also, sometimes Bleck, but he's fairly tolerable in comparison.

Well this is flat out amazing, haven't actually played it yet but the demo video was enough to sell me. Totally faithful 8-bit recreation from what I saw, including the music, very nice to see when you grew up with the nes titles.

I wonder how this guy pulled it all off, it seems obvious that he imported a lot of the content from other 8-bit MM games but it's still very impressive the way it's done.

• 3 weeks later...

So, just beat this one tonight. The final Wily battle was just as friggen hard as it always was. But at least I didn't let my frustration consume every fiber of my being.

I got a secret password after the credits. For those who don't know it, it's [spoilerS]: C4:Red C5:Red D3: Red D6: Blue E4: Blue E5: Blue [/spoilerS] It gives you everything, 4 energy tanks, 4 weapon tanks, 1 special tank, and 1 life.

In conclusion, I really enjoyed this downgrade. A lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...