OCR00982 - *YES* Sonic Adventure 'The Twinkle Park Classic'

djpretzel

Happy! - djp

Hey DJP,

I have a mix I've done that I'd like to submit. It's called "The Twinkle Park Classic." It's a remix of the Twinkle Park theme from Sonic Adventure and Sonic's theme, "It Doesn't Matter," from the same game. It's available

here:

My mixer handle on OCR is DarkeSword, so you can credit it to that. Hope you enjoy the mix.

Thanks,

Shariq Ansari, aka DarkeSword

HAPPY!!

Uplifting. I like the square. Whoops, got messy at :40.

Go away evil instruments!! SHEW SHEW!!!!

oh well, I really dont care for those spastic high synths.

I like the variance on the beat.

I like the effects used.

Good beat at 2:13. Good arranging. Happy and uplifting indeed. Nice instrument choice. I hope that square tastefully disappears soon. Well, its not going away, but its changing. Good :D.

Yes, I like the variation. It makes the song seem far less repetitive. I would have preferred to see some chord changes though.

Going through 2nd loop now.

Yup, this is fine.

YES

I'm quite familiar with the SA1 soundtrack but just reviewed the Twinkle Park theme and Sonic's theme again...

musically, there's not a lot of variation on the original themes here, few liberties taken with the melody and the chord progression. I really would have liked to see more interpretation of the progression of the Twinkle Park theme, it was getting tiring by the end. however! structurally, this is interesting. The way it goes into Sonic's theme while keeping the feel of the TP theme so seamlessly is very good. take the last couple bars, you hear the a motif from Sonic's theme and then a motif from the main SA theme, nice.

mixwise, the only problem I have is the reverby high-passed detuned saws lead, it's too loud! admittedly, most people will not think so because the frequencies in particular that are bothering me are often attenuated on consumer speakers & headphones. But people like me listening to this on expensive reference equipment may complain.

i like this mix and i feel it is passable.

yes

This is good stuff. Everything I was going to say has already been said. But I'll say it anyway. Good sounds, I like the way that effects and good arrangement have been used to keep the listeners' interest, as this is a longish mix. Everything keeps changing, moving, progressing. Yes, it is a very happy sounding mix.

YES

That wide detuned lead sure does drown out anything else. Makes me

think of like a hoover run through a chorus and reverb. weird.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of that lead instrument, however it does

fit with the rest of the arrangement, which, while I find it highly annoying,

is done rather well, if not a little simplistic. By the end there are enough

layers that it's feeling a little more polished, so I suppose the wait for the

build up is justified, but my attention was swaying in the first 50 or so

seconds. Too often things loop and never go anywhere. It had me woried.

This goes on for 5 minutes? Wow.

something in that wide detuned is making me uncomfortable.. I'd back the

chorus down a bit, it just sounds too splattered for my personal taste.

Can't please everybody though.

cute little track.

YES