Watchmen

Schwaltzvald

Rorschach and Wolvereine spoof those Mac ads with, "I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC." Very well done and pretty entertaining to anybody who even thinks they might be a comic book/comic book movie fan.

That was stellar.

"With apologies to Alan Moore."

I've heard some pretty good things about the movie. I haven't seen it yet, and am looking forward to seeing Wolverine Origins more to be honest. However, everything I've heard about it and like the sort of "social tones" it uses (my friend's words, not mine) makes it sound like it would be worth the watch.

I just saw Watchmen last night and I must say, for someone who has never seen a lick of the comic, it was fucking fantastic!

Aside from the beginning being a little drawn out, and some of the actions scenes being ever so slightly corny, I was deeply impressed with this movie.

I don't wish to add myself among the inevitable mountains of fanboys that Rorschach will no doubt accumulate, but goddamn he is freakin awesome!

Hurm, you say that like being a fan of Rorschach is a bad thing.

Not necessarily, he just seems like the type of character that you like at first, but end up hating because he is all the rage on the internet, work, and school. Although I suppose a true fan would appreciate the character no matter what other people think.

You know what I mean though, it happened with Napoleon Dynamite, as well as the song BYOB from Soad >.<

Love the song, but when it came out, it aired on the radio every 16 minutes.

Not necessarily, he just seems like the type of character that you like at first, but end up hating because he is all the rage on the internet, work, and school. Although I suppose a true fan would appreciate the character no matter what other people think.

You know what I mean though, it happened with Napoleon Dynamite, as well as the song BYOB from Soad >.<

Love the song, but when it came out, it aired on the radio every 16 minutes.

That might be true. But he was written so well. I liked the fact, he took shit from noone. People that tryed to mess with him. get the shit end of the deal. You know his line:

I thought this to be a key line, and a reason I like his character.

Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

The scene which really affected me the most?

The one from the vignettes at the beginning, which was what you'd think was a perfect example of progress and simple cuteness on VJ Day...

And then a few seconds later reminding us that it's still the 1940s.

The other favourite is "All along the Watchtower" at the appropriate place.

I do, however, dislike that Ozy gets turned into a complete dick. I personally think that Rorschach was completely right (There's a rather large moral chasm between letting a person die because of someone else and killing "innocent" people in order to preserve life somewhere else.) BUT Adrian has a good point. If he didn't do what he did, there'd be billions of dead people, not millions. In the comic, he actually genuinely hates having to kill each time he does it, but in the movie he might as well be a Bond Villain.

Also, get over the wang. I see it every day when I shower, and girls see it fairly often too. It's nothing to be ashamed about. It's precisely the exact point that shows Doc Manhattan is beyond human and truly Nietzschean- he doesn't even recognize that clothing matters to humans, something which just about every culture accepts.