ctf_2fort

cp_dustbowl

cp_gravelpit

pl_dustbowl_b4

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

The thing is, most people have a tendency to want to do dustbowl or goldrush after one of the other maps. And some have complained about Goldrush more recently. What do you all want the rotation to be?

The thing is, most people have a tendency to want to do dustbowl or goldrush after one of the other maps. And some have complained about Goldrush more recently. What do you all want the rotation to be?

Who the hell complains about Goldrush.

I'm fine with anything that doesn't have Dustbowl every other map.

I'm getting kinda tired of Dustbowl...it's just a little old hat by this point.

That being said, I did get 42 kills in a single life on the second stage of it, on defense. T'was amazing. Thanks to the FRACKIN' AWESOME medics on my team on that rotation (I think it was warmeatball healing bonzai and PosiBolt healing me).

It seems like most people are getting tired 2fort, too.

cp_dustbowl

cp_well

pl_goldrush

ctf_2fort

cp_dustbowl

cp_gravelpit

pl_dustbowl_b4

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

And this looks fine to me, except the fact that for a little bit it's Dustbowl, map, Dustbowl, map, Dustbowl...which'll get boring.

[Edit:]

361_random.png

Well as I've said, I'm open to suggestions for the rotation.

Also, I have a question about reserved slots for people - upon a little more searching, if I'm reading right, it seems like Mani Mod supports reserved slots in the following fashion: if someone with a reserved slot joins to make it 24/24, then nobody gets kicked, but if someone leaves the game, then the reserved slot frees up again and only someone with a reserved slot can join.

Do people support the current way, where reserved slot holders should have 0 problems joining, or this new way?

I'm with Effef. If it's at all possible to have 24/24 and then kick someone when a paying person wants to join, I'm for that. Whatever that method is.

Seeing as I don't think that's possible, my support goes behind the current way. I think it's fine to have 23/24 all the time.

Also: we NEED a votekick. Please.

Well, dunno about you guys, but I had a blast yesterday, even if it cost me valuable hours of sleep (I dropped out somewhere after turbine, at 3:30 AM for me/9:30 PM EST). Teams seemed reasonably well-balanced and competent, and it seemed to me like everyone was having a lot of fun. Let's hope it'll be as good again today.

Also, I like how Bahamut is now at the top of the list of people I killed. ;)

I'm getting kinda tired of Dustbowl...it's just a little old hat by this point.

That being said, I did get 42 kills in a single life on the second stage of it, on defense. T'was amazing. Thanks to the FRACKIN' AWESOME medics on my team on that rotation (I think it was warmeatball healing bonzai and PosiBolt healing me).

It seems like most people are getting tired 2fort, too.

cp_dustbowl

cp_well

pl_goldrush

ctf_2fort

cp_dustbowl

cp_gravelpit

pl_dustbowl_b4

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

And this looks fine to me, except the fact that for a little bit it's Dustbowl, map, Dustbowl, map, Dustbowl...which'll get boring.

[Edit:]

361_random.png

AGH I didn't know you're an OCR forum member. I hate Pyros. I hate the Backburner. I hate you. I hate being on fire. :(

As for 2fort, I don't understand everyone's beef with it. I love that map.

It's the turtling effect. A lot of people can relate stories of spending hours on the same 2fort not getting anywhere. That's such a demoralizer that many don't want to play it anymore. At least with Dustbowl at worst you'll be spending 25 minutes defending one point. And yeah, that's bad when it happens. But most of the time you're fighting the clock, and that really helps keep the pace.

The custom maps really destroy the server population. They're can be really fun, but when the server starts dwindling to non-regulars, and it switches to a custom map, everybody leaves.

I think the rotation should be the basic default maps, but have the custom maps available via rockthevote. We'd still be able to play them, but it wouldn't clear out the server since the people who voted for it would play it, and it is a majority-wins vote.

im pretty sure he joined BECAUSE of the server

Nope. Joined 'cause of the music and eventually ran into the server. I love TF2, so it just clicked.

This IS however the only thread I check consistently on here.

And @ zircon: That made me laugh really hard.

@ DarkeSword: I'm not sure why people don't like that map either. I really enjoy it (although I prefer Turbine).

Also, I have a question about reserved slots for people - upon a little more searching, if I'm reading right, it seems like Mani Mod supports reserved slots in the following fashion: if someone with a reserved slot joins to make it 24/24, then nobody gets kicked, but if someone leaves the game, then the reserved slot frees up again and only someone with a reserved slot can join.

I hate this with a fiery passion. It's the main reason I'm getting a reserved slot, since I always see a 23/24, try to join, and can't. Nothing more frustrating than "woo slot open.... oh fuck"

Custom maps can be fun. Stress on the can. RTV customs would be awesome, but once a rotation is fine enough for me.

I guess I lied...

2fort is fun for about 5 minutes, then it makes me want to kill myself. I can't explain it - it just stops being fun after a while :P

I had a lot of fun last night, we had a really great talkative team until i got autoswitched for balance :( i was right in the middle of the scores too, i thought that it only autoswitched people that hadn't been there for a long time or had lower scores or something. Is there any way to manually change teams or move people around with admin powerz?