OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

2fort is fun for about 5 minutes, then it makes me want to kill myself. I can't explain it - it just stops being fun after a while :P

I had a lot of fun last night, we had a really great talkative team until i got autoswitched for balance :( i was right in the middle of the scores too, i thought that it only autoswitched people that hadn't been there for a long time or had lower scores or something. Is there any way to manually change teams or move people around with admin powerz?

press . to change teams and wait for there to be an opening on the other team

i prefer that particular team especially since colin is on it and i can continually make fun of him

its ok duckyballs this is a fun place im here that makes it a fun place!

Well as I've said, I'm open to suggestions for the rotation.

Also, I have a question about reserved slots for people - upon a little more searching, if I'm reading right, it seems like Mani Mod supports reserved slots in the following fashion: if someone with a reserved slot joins to make it 24/24, then nobody gets kicked, but if someone leaves the game, then the reserved slot frees up again and only someone with a reserved slot can join.

Do people support the current way, where reserved slot holders should have 0 problems joining, or this new way?

Being someone without a reserve slot (I'll get around to it eventually) I would prefer to have it fill up to 24 then kick if someone else wants to join, it's really annoying getting kicked even though there's still a spot for you. Also, I love the custom maps, maybe if there was a warning or link to the fpsbanana page where you can download them, less people would have to download them in-game.

I also love 2fort and turbine, but unlike others I've only had the game for about 2 weeks.

Being someone without a reserve slot (I'll get around to it eventually) I would prefer to have it fill up to 24 then kick if someone else wants to join, it's really annoying getting kicked even though there's still a spot for you.

Not only that, but it's incredibly annoying not being able to use the auto-join feature because steam will try to join when there's one slot open, but you can't since that slot is reserved. It means I have to sit there until there are 22 people on. It doesn't matter to me that much since I plan on getting a reserved slot eventually anyway but it is annoying. Only reason I put it off was that I knew I'd be gone all this month and wouldn't even get a month out of it.

Seriously, if I can afford it you all can too.

Never said I couldn't, but I'm stuck in a residence with the only computer I own capable of running TF2 some 500kms and another province away. As soon as I get back I will be getting a reserved slot, I just wanted to point out the whole 23 people thing because I knw there are probably plenty of people who come and go who might not know how they could get a reserved slot because they don't frequent these boards. I know it annoys me when I can't use auto-join on other servers so I figured it was worth mentioning.

Never said I couldn't, but I'm stuck in a residence with the only computer I own capable of running TF2 some 500kms and another province away. As soon as I get back I will be getting a reserved slot, I just wanted to point out the whole 23 people thing because I knw there are probably plenty of people who come and go who might not know how they could get a reserved slot because they don't frequent these boards. I know it annoys me when I can't use auto-join on other servers so I figured it was worth mentioning.

This is OCR's server. They should frequent the boards.

I'm sure most of you noticed, but they released an update:

http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1717&s=0,25,609,636,482&i=0,300,440&cc=US&client=1

I was reading through it... mostly fixing little glitches, etc, when I saw this:

Removed health bonus from the Backburner

So, hopefully that'll change the pyro dynamic (and ill feelings towards them) some?

rotflmao you have NO idea how happy this makes me. The Backburner is (was) the most overpowered weapon in the entire game bar none. Needing three rockets and up to four stickies to kill a single pyro was absolutely retarded, but giving them autocrit from behind when they're already the most brutal close-range class was lunacy.

While I agree with the nerfing of the backburner, this essentially makes it inferior to the standard flamethrower, especially (or so I've heard) since the 100% crits from the back mechanic is kind of wonky. Compression blast for soldier pwnage over that any day. IMO the best solution would've been to nerf it to only grant +20-30 hp. Or just fix the crits mechanic.

While I agree with the nerfing of the backburner, this essentially makes it inferior to the standard flamethrower, especially (or so I've heard) since the 100% crits from the back mechanic is kind of wonky. Compression blast for soldier pwnage over that any day. IMO the best solution would've been to nerf it to only grant +20-30 hp. Or just fix the crits mechanic.

Nope. If you play Pyro enough, you know how to line up that backburner kill to make it nearly as quick as a Spy's backstab.

I can't say I'm thrilled about nerfing the HP, but Backburner is still a beastly weapon.

Nope. If you play Pyro enough, you know how to line up that backburner kill to make it nearly as quick as a Spy's backstab.

I can't say I'm thrilled about nerfing the HP, but Backburner is still a beastly weapon.

I've been playing around with the setup on my (now defunct) server, and it crashes if certain plugins are loaded when the server starts, most notably the Oil Metamod plugin.

I'd recommend disabling various other mods to see if you can isolate which one is causing the problem.

Edit: The TF2 server seems to be up again now.

Reading over the patch notes:

~Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them

Look, Bahamut, Rambo, they added something to make it so that I still get points when you guys decide to a'splode yourselves. MWAHA.

~Removed health bonus from the Backburner.

I'm probably the last person you expected to hear this from, but I'm glad to hear this. The Backburner is just stupid overpowered, and maybe now I can play Pyro without feeling guilty for their being 234098109243 other ones at the same time.

Reading over the patch notes:

~Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them

Look, Bahamut, Rambo, they added something to make it so that I still get points when you guys decide to a'splode yourselves. MWAHA.

~Removed health bonus from the Backburner.

I'm probably the last person you expected to hear this from, but I'm glad to hear this. The Backburner is just stupid overpowered, and maybe now I can play Pyro without feeling guilty for their being 234098109243 other ones at the same time.

I agree with both of your sentiments!!! I know that suiciding is homo, but I assure you I never robbed sandroid of a kill this way, cuz I know he uses the standard flamethrower. I only intentionally do it to avoid being dominated (and that only usually happens against buffed backburning pyros. :<) or if its being done to me (like Baha)!

I'm very happy with all the updates.

And I just got the freaking backburner today. It took me until today because I didn't achievement whore to get it. Rats.

EDIT:

Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts

Oh thank God. That's about 6 months too late, but I'll take it!

Aaaaaaaaaah, I just got done playing with a hacker. So much fun.

Sad thing is, he was absolutely terrible. He was 100% critting with his scout, and couldn't take my combat medic (a.k.a., only Ubersaw) on. Ahahaha.

Also: are the mods fixed?