OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

So tomorrow I will look into some things. Some people like zircon complained of lag, although I never got any of it - everything ran as smooth as butter on this comp, although TF2 has a habit of crashing due to me being on Vista 64-bit. Also there was a bit of wtf when pl_dustbowl_b4 won the map vote, but it got switched to cp_well...I think I know what happened, so I will look into that tomorrow too.

I will add Rainwave to the radio list tomorrow, as tonight I'm honestly pretty tired from my traveling back to Illini territory.

Does anyone have map rotation suggestions or a custom map desired to play?

So tomorrow I will look into some things. Some people like zircon complained of lag, although I never got any of it - everything ran as smooth as butter on this comp, although TF2 has a habit of crashing due to me being on Vista 64-bit. Also there was a bit of wtf when pl_dustbowl_b4 won the map vote, but it got switched to cp_well...I think I know what happened, so I will look into that tomorrow too.

I will add Rainwave to the radio list tomorrow, as tonight I'm honestly pretty tired from my traveling back to Illini territory.

Does anyone have map rotation suggestions or a custom map desired to play?

To be honest, I'm surprised you still have both ManiAdmin and SourceMod running.

Is there anything in ManiAdmin that you still need?

Good question - the server came with both preinstalled I think, but I could be wrong.

The only thing I can think of that might still use it is the server's ads, and Sourcemod has an Advertisements plugin.

Well, you could try disabling it and see if everything still works. I don't know if you'd need to do anything special other than commenting it out in /addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini (by putting a ; at the beginning of the mani line).

Assuming that Mani is loaded as a Metamod: Source plugin, that is.

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=25

^Look what I found. That should explain how to do it right? I don't know how to use mani. It seems from that explanation however that it would just cause you to like to a radio station right after typing it, without the big list, but according to that theory, if we made one of those motd.txt documents that was just a list of links to the feeds, then it would probably work right?

Did you take a look at this Bahamut /\ (yes that's right I'm quoting myself!) I think that's how they managed to embed the radio stream, although, if someone knows how to convert html to motd.txt then I can just whip up an html doc for it if you want.

if someone knows how to convert html to motd.txt then I can just whip up an html doc for it if you want.

It's really easy: Just put HTML into motd.txt... no conversion required.

P.S. Whoops, I was wrong earlier. The server browser is showing no one on the OCR TF2 server right now.

However, since the Steam Friends list is down right now, I'm not betting that the server browser is working right now either.

So I'm planning on buying TF2 soon but I'd like to know if there are any bots for this game. I hate practicing online.

Just go to a noob server, or any 24/7 2fort instant respawn server. 98% of the people on those servers are ultra-horrible at the game. ;)

I could make the html page if necessary, but I just read that link again and apparently, all you need to do is put a direct link to the page where the stream is into your favourites list, then the players type favourites, it pops up on the side and they choose what they want. It's explained quite clearly here: http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=25

I tlooks quite easy to do, but I'm not sure if it will work. No harm in trying it, if not that then I'll make the html page.

that would be rockin

if its a money thing tell him to contact me

i require additional funds

someone donate, i can't foot this month's bill yet

He can barely afford this months bill, still on the private. If you want to donate atmuh, here you go

And I think I'm not going to be on TF2 for a while. As was stated last night, I'm no longer able to log into my main computer, and am using a significantly lesser laptop now. The horrible lag + horrible framerate combined kills any chance of me dreaming of a headshot, let alone hitting anything. Then again, I guess I could always just play pyro now.

*zing*

(but once I'm back to playing, I think I'll finally get that reserved slot, but this probably won't be till roughly August 21st)

Last night when I played (sadly, not on OCR), I was kicking some serious ass as spy. Figured I'd let you guys know so that when you get stabbed in the back, you'll know from whom the love is coming from.

Also, I don't think I'll be on TF2 for a bit for a few reasons. Firstly, I'm moving and won't have internet for a bit (probably next Friday or so) and even when I get it, I'm going to be unpacking/etc.

Secondly, I think I'm getting re-addicted to DnD. Anyone else here play?

Speaking of Spies, here's a little story.

Last night we were playing Dustbowl, and in the third round we (BLU) took the first point, so everyone fell back to the second point. You guys probably know that RED engies usually hide a teleporter in that little room that leads to their spawn so that they can still get to the first point after the spawn door locks. Usually a BLU demo will go up there and get rid of that crap, but I guess none of our demos decided to check.

So everyone (RED and BLU) was pretty much concentrating on that second point, and I got killed and respawned back at the BLU spawn. Everyone knows I almost always play Pyro, and whenever the coast is clear I like to fire off my flare gun for fun/target practice. We've got no teleporter, so I'm making my way to the second point and I decided--on a whim--to shoot a flare into that room that leads to the RED spawn.

All of the sudden, someone lights up. I hit a cloaked RED spy. I had no idea he was there. I quickly backburnered him as he ran away and then starting laughing my ass off.