OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm sure most of them have probably seen it once or twice, or read that it's coming on the update site, I'd also recommend just waiting till it's official, people will pick it up eventually. I'm glad that Valve is in the practice of adopting community maps, in other games they would just be left alone and as a result be a lot less played even though they are great maps.

Oh, and I'd recommend on skipping out on tc_meridian_b1 as well, I downloaded it and tested it out and it's severely broken. The map itself is beautiful with a lot of nice textures and creative map ideas, but in one of the rounds 1 of the flags was just plain missing, making it impossible for that team to move on (although, in the event of time running out, it gives the win to the team with less territory, which is nice). The map is very confusing, there are many exit signs that lead straight into dead-ends, many doors that don't open, and signs that lead no-where in particular. In one case, I went into a resupply area and went through a trap-door there, which dropped me off in a corridor meant for another round, I was locked in and had to suicide (and yes I looked for a while). In the map the flag scoring areas are marked with an inactive control point, but it was a working control point in one round and instead of capturing the flag, you could simply win by capturing they're cp at the flag. There are a few more design issues, a bridge between 2 areas overlooks a part of the map meant for a different round of the map, jumping off of the bridge to an area that looks as though it's a normal part of the map will kill you, even with a soft landing.

It was kind of funny that he missed all of these things when making the map, but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon, I hope so because it's an interesting map with a good concept, just very confusing and broken. If you don't believe me try it yourself.

The Killer Gloves of Boxing

The unlockable for the Heaviest pugilists out there is the K.G.B. Any time a Heavy kills an enemy with the K.G.B he receives five seconds of guaranteed critical hits. This crit-boost can be used to punch and kill further enemies, extending the boost time. Alternatively, the Heavy can switch to another weapon and use the boost to take out an enemy at range. The Heavy's slow movement speed, and the K.G.B's slower swing speed, make it a risky prospect.

also lol

Yeah, I want to hold off on cp_steel for the official update because as it is, it's over 40 MB and people are going to be downloading it with the heavy update anyway.

gasp 40mb HOW WILL MY DIALUP SURVIVE

that video is old as fuck and still just as awesome

So, any assholes I've banned want to bitch about it? My ego could always use a boost. ;)

(Banned two people today, one for being an abusive douchebag and the other for sticky spawncamping, intentionally, not incidentally. Both proceeded to justify the bans by connect-flooding the server afterwards (spamming console with retry attempts.))

Also 40MB uncompressed, but Valve updates GCFs (game cache files) which store everything compressed, so it should be a lot less. Binary space partitioned maps compress very well.