OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I love Turbine. :-D Also, I'm REALLY looking forward to being able to play more Steel, as I really love that map. I think I've played it all of 3 times, but every time I've played, I've absolutely loved it. With this new update...well, it won't be a No Man's Land anymore!

(I'm back, BTW. Hope to start playing in the next few days; gotta unpack some boxes.)

This does not necessarily show that there are more engineers than any other class. You have to take into consideration the fact than engineers often stay alive for a loooong time, such as when they are turtling behind a sentry.

Yeah - if anything I think soldier & pyro are the most played classes, with demo being third.

This does not necessarily show that there are more engineers than any other class. You have to take into consideration the fact than engineers often stay alive for a loooong time, such as when they are turtling behind a sentry.

If this was time played per life, your argument would make sense.

However, this is Total Time Played per Class for the last week (expressed as a percent) across all official Valve maps.

Not only that, they have more reason to stay Engineer than other classes have reason to stay what they are. If you switch from Engineer, your stuff gets destroyed, so there's more reason to stay Engy.

I had a dream about TF2 last night. The new gametype was called "Restaurant," and it was basically the two teams running around trying to cap as much food as possible.

The Heavy had a wheelbarrow and the Soldier had a shield made of scrap-metal.

I need to go to bed earlier. :\

Someone needs to make this happen, STAT.

either this or sniper

I would honestly be happier if Sniper was removed entirely.

Bahamut, is there any chance you could add this map to the server, if only temporarily? Me and a few other people would love to test it out since it looks like it can be amazing (if a bit gimmicky) fun but no other server runs it. It doesn't even have to be in the rotation, it's just for testing purposes when there's barely any people on the server (and we usually mess around during those hours anyway)

The stats are saying that total time per player averaged up in a percentage that the engineer is used a lot. But yes, as an engineer you spend more time as it cause you have to, yes.

What the stats mean is that, on the official Valve maps, averaged across all players, Engineers were being played 16.1% of the time in the past week.

They're taking a while to update it today... hopefully it's the new game mode and arenas (by the use of the word "arenas" perhaps a suggestion of a deathmatch style mode?).

The wording arena could also mean a multi-part map, like how Dustbowl, Gold Rush, and others are done.