OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

It's been one day and I'm already sick of Arena (not that it's that bad, it's just that the server was on arena maps ALL THE TIME). I manually switched the map to gold rush, steel and badwater a few times but still, I'd say go with two arena maps in the rotation at most. I was actually yearning for dustbowl at the end, and that's saying something. :P

Switching to an arena map switches server configurations (to config_arena.cfg), which unfortunately has a different default mapcycle (all arena maps). No idea why Valve thought this was a good idea...

P.S. Is it just me or are attack/defense maps like Dustbowl, Gravel Pit, Gold Rush, and Badwater Basin restricted to one team switch now?

Anyone want to tell me what Free Weekend TF2 is all about? Is it just what it is, grab Steam, grab TF2 play for a weekend, see if you like it?

Exactly. The Heavy Update page has a link to download Steam... not that you can't find it on the main Steam page.

(Second sentence added to make the message long enough to make vBulletin happy)

Exactly. The Heavy Update page has a link to download Steam... not that you can't find it on the main Steam page.

(Second sentence added to make the message long enough to make vBulletin happy)

They do this after every class update right? Not every weekend

I meant where the entire team is switched from attacking to defense or vice versa.

The time for each map was changed to 30 minutes in anticipation for the new arena maps, which is usually only enough time for one team switch. Which is fine with me...50 minutes straight of Dustbowl or 2Fort is a bit much.

i miss you all and tf2 :(

but i won't mind missing free weekend

BONZAI! yay for withdrawl buddies! I echo her sentiments. Rawk Hawk is a coworker of mine, and everyday at work he tells me about kickass moments from the night before. and I want to murder him. So much.

also bonzai thanks for the fanart compo entry!!!!

Oh what? Now I need to enter. :-P

Bonzai, where have you been, anyways? I know where Rambo and Ducky vanished too but you just up and left.

I'm not sure when I'm playing again (can't this weekend, going to school on Tuesday, classes start Thursday), but I'll see you all eventually.

And may god have mercy on the brave souls who play tomorrow.

my laptop started having critical errors during that last rambo week! the computer repair store is stumped on how to fix it D: That combined with school starting up, it may be a while longer before I can play again

my activity on the server is down to 5% lol

and woooo for fanart competition!!! haha, glad you're unbanned atmuh :)

rambo, where have you been! i have no one to commiserate with about an empty existence without tf2. also, the caption for my fanart entry should be "come back from the dead rambo"

my laptop started having critical errors during that last rambo week! the computer repair store is stumped on how to fix it D: That combined with school starting up, it may be a while longer before I can play again

my activity on the server is down to 5% lol

and woooo for fanart competition!!! haha, glad you're unbanned atmuh :)

rambo, where have you been! i have no one to commiserate with about an empty existence without tf2. also, the caption for my fanart entry should be "come back from the dead rambo"

ahahahaha thats a perfect caption

and hey the two of you could always join my superfun irc channel

Pyros are unstoppable in Ravine and Badlands, and Soldiers are definitely at an advantage in Ravine and Lumberyard (even more so than soldiers usually are lolnoobclasslol).

if you are a medic and you are healing me as a heavy please please PLEASE watch behind us for spies and pyros

I don't think it does, but it would be more fun with healthpacks. At the moment, I see Ravine dominated by Pyros. Heavy/Medic pairs are also nearly unstoppable. Snipers are next to useless. In Badlands, Scouts (as always) seem to have an advantage, but again Pyros are very powerful there too. I hate Pyros.

ENGINEERS ARE NOT CREDIT TO TEAM!!

so arena basically takes the minute balance issues of the game and magnifies them to infuriatingly large proportions

Haha, sounds like what happened to World of Warcraft when Blizz implemented Arenas. Fortunately, this game is all "PvP", so they can't make sweeping changes to class mechanics that cripple them in other areas to resolve minor balance issues.

Or at least, so we hope.