OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Atm im off to buy Orange box, never really played TF Classic or TF2, was just going to buy it for HL2, Portal, Episode One and Two. But now i want to try TF2, it looks so cool.

Adding the server, maybe i come online later today :)

I do wish, however, that heavies were even more susceptible to dying while eating the sandvich. Every shot on them should be an instant critical while they eat. I feel that a heavy getting caught munching should practically die instantly as punishment for not finding a good enough hiding spot.

What do you mean "more susceptible" when they're eating sandviches? They're not moving. If you can't kill them quickly enough, that's your own problem.

What do you mean "more susceptible" when they're eating sandviches? They're not moving. If you can't kill them quickly enough, that's your own problem.

I once was a medic with an uber saw and it took me 4 shots to kill an eating Heavy. I want them to be even more susceptible than just not moving. It's not a big deal or anything, just my opinion.

REGARDING RTV: I'm very glad we have it, but it still needs some tweaking. Can we make it so a certain number of people have to type rtv to initiate map voting? Currently, with all the arena maps, all it takes is one person who doesn't like them, and the map is changed. To 2Fort. Again.

REGARDING RTV: I'm very glad we have it, but it still needs some tweaking. Can we make it so a certain number of people have to type rtv to initiate map voting? Currently, with all the arena maps, all it takes is one person who doesn't like them, and the map is changed. To 2Fort. Again.

That's the way it used to be... not sure why it changed.

well i hate arena and im pretty sure everyone knows that but although i complain a lot i never rtv it and ya i say definitely fix the rtv

i especially hate it since it comes up at EVERY MAP, id almost say disable it since there are enough reserved slot holders to call mapvotes when they are really needed

also let me back in #ocrtf2

I agree on the topic of RTV, it can be called much to easily, I'm getting sick of map changing all the time.

Also, I found this map today: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/62848 (dom_canalzone)

And it looks interesting to me, got all high 9's from fps banana and it's by vilepickle, (did ctf_mach4 and ctf_chaos). I've never tried a dom_ and they look to have a rather interesting gametype idea. We should try it out sometime... thoughts?

Still wanna throw a vote in for cp_castle. It was so much fun when I played it a long time ago.

@ Zephyr: I'm game. Any new map, that's fine by me.

About RTV/Arena: I really like Arena, as I'm sure it's known. So, when we switch to Lumberyard (which is an AMAZING map that should be elected president of the world), it kinda irks me that any random person could type RTV and pull up a vote.

Although, it woulda been fine...if the requirements for a map weren't so damn low. If anyone could type RTV and then people could vote 'current' or 'no' or something like that, that'd be cool. Or, if I could just throw away my vote to a map I know wouldn't make it...but if everyone thinks like this, there is no map that we can throw away too.

All of that being said, I think having 8 people type RTV is a little much. We were stuck with a BROKEN team on gravelpit tonight 'cause no one would type RTV. I was stuck on a shitty as hell team in Turbine 'cause it took 20 minutes to type RTV.

Short version: 8 people for RTV is too much. 1 person for RTV is fine if I can vote against changing map but not good if I can't. arena_lumberyard is the best thing ever. Crits are dumb.

I definitely agree with Sensai about RTV, I know you don't make RTV Baha, but if there are some options that you could change that would be spectacular. I still get sick of having the rtv menu sitting there for 10 minutes because I didn't want to vote (then forgot to vote to rid the menu after the rtv failed). NoVote option and more people for rtv (4? 5?) would be great... Thanks.